New Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.34_V (9/24/12)

The choices WD make are just bizarre when it comes to their media player firmwares.

Either release something worth while or don’t. Simply choice. All they seemed to have done is dig an even deeper hole for themselves. Bye bye WDTV “fan” base.

When I saw the update available last night I thought that after1 year of waiting WD had finally done a release that would enable me to access Netflix, Lovefilm etc in the UK…I waited with baited breath whilst it installed…and waited…amd waited…

And when the wait was over what do I find, no Netflix, No Lovefilm just a pile of **bleep** that doesn’t even want to play files correctly, presuming of course you can actually access the shares in the first place…

Like all you others I can’t believe that WD haven’t even bothered to post any replies to the 11 pages of dissatisfied customer in this forum.

Needless to say I will be rolling back to the previous version when I get home from work tonight…

Bad Karma WD, very bad

leftbrain wrote:

SInce the 1.06.34 firmware is **bleep**, is there any way to prevent the annoying NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE from popping up every time I turn on my WDTV LIVE Plus?

See my thread here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware-Networking/Possible-to-disable-quot-new-firmware-available-quot-message/td-p/400507

DO NOT INSTALL IT WILL **bleep** YOUR WD BOX UP.

I might have missed it but how do you downgrad to the old working firmware. I mainly use my wd for viewing pictures and movies on my network and the load time has gone way up.

Bill_S You should have said “wd is sorry to say we have **bleep**ed up our firmware, please do not install. We will make a new one within a fortnight.”

Link to old version

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800

its not the first time they make  a s*** FW.

but this one is a new record

some HD will not read

files not play (with old FW without prob)

files playing (maybe) after really long waiting

on language selection you will wait again a long time and MAYBE they will play

is there no quality control in this company or are the user the beta tester?

Guinea Pigs,

Thank you.

I must admit, I was tempted Monday evening but I remembered the old adage:  Fool me once, shame on you.   Fool me twice, shame on me.

That’s all.

Wow, another car wreck of an update.  What is with this company?  Installed the update 2 days ago and all my player did was lock up.  Came here and read about this mess up and how to roll back the firmware. Tried it and presto…my player is back.

Now I’m not terribly techno savey but once in a while i get lucky and find a solution to a problem (like this one) on the internet. What about all of those who own this device and installed the new update and now can’t use their player and don’t know how to fix it?  Why hasn’t WD responded to this?

Not to mention I can’t use the remote for smart phone now…:grumpycat:

Everything works well for me. Upgrade went without a hitch on my WDTV Live HD media player.

No noticeable changes or improvements really, except the iPhone remote app can now be used to control the box.

The only issue for me is that the thumbnails are looking a little wonky and low quality. I am assuming that it is a resizing issue.

Does anyone know what the right resolution of the thumbnails should be for them to appear correctly?

my tv media player does’nt work after update …  Image.jpg it’s all i can see, what is wrong?

i make upgrade under netrwork … it’s not for first time - but now :frowning:

Can anyone recommend an alternative to this WD Live Plus train wreck.  I’m about done with WD.

Dependant on budget - step up to a Dune product. I went with the Smart D1 a year ago - best move I ever made. Haven’t a had a glitch or any issue with anything in all that time. Completely leaves this WD cr*p in the dust.

Hard to believe this company even has customers at all…why would anyone buy anything from them? It’s like buying from Bose…pretty on the outside and pretty useless within…buyer beware.

VP

Firmware rolled back, support website blocked…all ok again now

will check back here now and again to see if WD actually bloody well read any of these posts and do something about it!

bananaware! thats how its called in german: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananenprinzip

the customer is the beta-tester and does the qs. chaeper for the company.

Well I have now downgraded to the previous WDLXTV 1.05.04_V 0.5.1.1, which I was running before.

I must say that this “downgrade” is more of an upgrade. Now everything works. Framerate switch and network shares now work as they should. And network shares can be automounted, so they appear as an USB drive.

Only issue I have experienced is that files with 5.1 channels AAC audio, dont work. But I can live with this.

Somehow all my special settings from WDLXTV was preserved, thankfully, so there was no setting up, which is a little dificult with these custom firmwares.

Will not upgrade again, before I have seen many reports that a new firmware works OK.

Will still be looking for a new unit, to replace the Live, any recommendations are welcome.

OMG I believe Nousemusic has scored a neuron hit!

I used to work for a major telco and we had a few ‘wall of shamers’ but has consumer electronics now reached this new nadir!!!

I think I’ll go back to roll-your-own DIY projects…between the now non existent business ethics, greed and rush to deliv er **bleep** now being displayed (ex Apple, Google, Facebook etc.) and the Chin*** fueled race to bottom we’re majorly F*****.

So upgraded the firmware and now all i get is the wait animation. If i press home on the remote the home screen flashes on in the blink of an eye and goes back to the wait symbol.

Proper wrecked it, any ideas how to get any sort of working firmware on there?

Steve

Read this forum Steve, its been said numerous times on how to roll back firmware and block the update process!!

Okay, I am in the US and the rollback I have tried is  http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/Rollback_wdtvliveplus_release_1.06.16_B.zip

No matter what I do I can’t get my player to recognize that there is a new firmware update available when I put this on a thumb drive? Anyone else have this problem? I have followed all directions on WD site with no luck? 

Edit the .ver file and make the version number larger than the current version, i.e. 35.