New Release - Firmware Version 2.08.13 for WD TV Live Hub (10/6/11)

Medic wrote:

Rolled back to 2.07.17 to get the Artwork back …

Losing the ability to display the artwork associated with my video files after using “Get Content” is quite disappointing and this makes me very interested in being able to “roll back”. I don’t have a high level of skills with WD device and was wondering about a few things: Was the rollback sucessful? Did it reinstate artwork?  Is this “roll back” somehting anyone can do?

1 Like

Sure RayVe.
To do a FW rollback, just follow the instruction from this post. " http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Avoid-firmware-update-2-08-13/td-p/270090/" message #3.

1 Like

So I updated the firmware as prompted from the hub main screen.  All seemed to go ok (though it looked to update twice - I wasn’t sure if that was updating firmware and then to a newer one, or just in a loop of doign it twice like some here seemed to suggest.

Then when I went to my videos folder all of my movies before ‘S’ alphabetically are missing.

I can’t get them to show up any way, even in files on the hub, but accessing it wirelessly from my Mac they still show up as all on the drive.

Anybody have any ideas how I can get them back?

so I restarted the system again just to humor myself and magically everything started recompilling. all my videos and other files are back now. So I guess the issue fixed itself. idk, but im happy again :slight_smile: lol

Many thanks to TheCOolDude

RayVe wrote:> … Was the rollback sucessful? Did it reinstate artwork?  Is this “roll back” somehting anyone can do? …

Yes it was and the device is working as before.

Yes, Artwork is coming up again.

Yes, TheCoolDude allready showed you were to look.

I’ve turned off the Auto FW check. Next time i wait a few days to see if there are as much complains as with this one …

Rather worryingly even the rollback didn;t make anything show up from A-R in my videos folder.  Anybody got any idea what’s gone wrong and how I can fix things?

Monietooth wrote:

Rather worryingly even the rollback didn;t make anything show up from A-R in my videos folder.  Anybody got any idea what’s gone wrong and how I can fix things?

Try browsing through the FILE menu instead of VIDEOs.

If they appear there, then try clearing the media library…

They weren’t showing up under File either.  I’ve rolled back to an even older firmware (2.06.10) and they seem to be back to normal, only that doesn’t seem to have the option to find the file info from the internet, which is a bit of a shame :confused:

1 Like

Monietooth wrote:

that doesn’t seem to have the option to find the file info from the internet, which is a bit of a shame :confused:

Every version supports that.

1 Like

Oh, then any ideas why it’s gone AWOL on my roll-back?

Monietooth wrote:

Oh, then any ideas why it’s gone AWOL on my roll-back?

Nope…

Unless you tried it while the media library was still compiling or you turned media library off…

Sadly, the same issue. Everything was working fine, until yerterday.

Another fine firmware release from the folks at WD.

I was hopeful in installing it. I am also fairly well versed in rollbacks at this point, so I wasn’t worried.

Good to see you guys are still busy adding features that I can’t take advantage of, due to bugs carried over from the last release, ex. Pandora taking a **bleep** as soon as the screensaver kicks in.

Strike 2. Strike 3 and WD is dead to me for multimedia viewing. It’s a shame because it started out being such a promissing product.

Wow, you guys had a lot to say since I was here last time… seems everything’s fine as always in WD manner :wink:

SO glad, that I didn’t update yet - my one runs and runs and runs (I can live with the tons of bugs as long as my movies stay available and at least the ISOs run propperly. I’d like to use photos too (without stairways to heaven), but not at the price of an update).

I’ve got my DVDs in that box and that works basically (with the ISOs if watched in one session, not MKVs). Don’t need games & even more bugs… or should I say: The WD TV Live Hub Bug Game?!

WD dev guys: Priority lists really help, trust me!!! :wink:

Maybe someone here can even manage that task for you and sort all the games & services out, setting all the buggy basics on top… help, anyone?? The dev guys NEED support!! *ironic*

So long!

It is good road - the Firmware Version 2.08.13 for WD TV Live Hub! 

Thanks! Welcome to new and new … !!

I have noticed in the 2 days since the upgrade that I get periodical freezes of the entire box.  Click movies on the internal hard drive they will not play, just a roating circile arrow.  Movie not playing on playon server does the same as internal movies.  Does anyone else get this issue?  Only fix is unplugging or go to system menu and click restart.

Very nice to see a new FW released with Spotify, DailyMotion and YouTube Leanback that have been added to the Internet Services however there are still many bugs which were in the previous FW (2.07.17) version which were mentioned a lot by the users here on the official FW topic but they are not resolved in this new firmware. I hope this will be looked at and fixed ASAP.

The most important ‘old’ bugs (since 2.07.17) that still need to be resolved before I will update to the latest FW version are:

* if you have the device set to another language (e.g. Dutch, Norwegian) then English than it is causing problems with downloading the movie data ‘get data’ (image, description). The Live hub resets every time. So you have to put it on English to have it working. See also this topic. / update: resolved in 2.08.13

* if you play audio and after a certain period of time the screensaver kicks in then the audio stops playing if you have it set on e.g. photo screensaver. The only thing that now works is using the WDTV logo screensaver. See also this topic.

New bug (2.08.13) - i haven’t updated yet but what I’ve read here:

* with some movies the cover data (which was contained with ‘get data’) of the movie does not show although this was shown in the previous FWs. See also this topic.

Question on latest 2.08.13 FW:

And last but not least i have a question concerning this latest FW. Does it also have the RSS video/audio feature to add your own RSS feeds as is shown in this video from Gigaom here in the latest WDTV Live Plus?

1 Like

I can confirm the screen saver stopping audio bug still exists in this version. Netflix seems to be functioning properly. I haven’t seen the Netflix freezing bug yet.

1 Like

“… if you play audio and after a certain period of time the screensaver kicks in then the audio stops playing if you have it set on e.g. photo screensaver. The only thing that now works is using the WDTV logo screensaver…”

**that problem conitue in new  Firmware  2.08.13 :( 

why i  waiting 3 months for nothing solution for that Bug ?   its incredible !!  :(**

2 Likes