New Release - Firmware Version 2.07.17 for WD TV Live Hub (8/2/11)

Play a AVI from the file *.avi ore the map: no problem

Play a DVD from inside the video_ts map: no problem

Play a *.img file from a map ore root file: no problem, excerpt playing *.img from a map: can’t skip to next chapter

Playing from a DVD map: can’t skip to next chapter: Playing from a DVD file *.vob: skip works fine

Play a DVD from a root map and the problem starts: Then the device restart compleet

settings: Media library: Off , language: English

I test it with Media library: On and the problem is gone

Because I want to work with it without Media libra it is a problem!

Device reboots after ‘get info’ on 2.07.17 is indeed a problem of language (NL)

I post this so that other people will know the problem

Hello,

the last firmware update messed up the playback of all my mp4 video files(even those who played normally before)… they shutter and you just can’t watch them… i know about the workaround which isn’t really a solution in the first place but what can u do!!!

Any of the community folks would be so nice and telling me if this has been fixed? If not, im sure not upgrading just to add more bugs.

Thx

Facebook isn’t my thing i’m using it for entertainment please add a recall button somewhere on the remote

didas wrote:

Hello,

the last firmware update messed up the playback of all my mp4 video files(even those who played normally before)… they shutter and you just can’t watch them… i know about the workaround which isn’t really a solution in the first place but what can u do!!!

Any of the community folks would be so nice and telling me if this has been fixed? If not, im sure not upgrading just to add more bugs.

Thx

Facebook isn’t my thing i’m using it for entertainment please add a recall button somewhere on the remote

didas:

Support this idea by clicking the kudos.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/Recall-playback/idi-p/234162

Regards,

foetus wrote:

I have a strange bug

after the  upgrade

when screen saver starts (Random Photo Slideshow after 5min)

it stops any music playing (apps and music alike)

Yesterday I tested it but with WD logo, the music didn’t stop at all.

1 Like

Since last firmware update of my Live hub media player it is possible to select dutch as user interface language. However when the dutch language is selected in the user interface, it is no longer possible to get movie content info :angry:. When it is switched back to English you can get movie content info.
The problem in dutch language is that the device reboots when trying to get movie content info. Do you have the same issue, Medic ??

Greetz.

Can someone confirm that the flac tracks order is still reverse bugged ??

My firmware update went fine yesterday via wireless internet connection. It took a while but no problems.

I have just started to use the 2.07.17 release and noticed the following:

Picasa crashes with certain actions (if i can specify, i will let you know), I was able to login without any problem and to see the various photo albums.

Flingo > when pressing ‘subtitle’ on the remote is triggering to go back to the overview off all videos in Flingo.

I hope to see more (European) Internet services to be added in future releases such as Spotify (most European countries and US), Grooveshark, RTLGemist.nl (NL), Uitzendinggemist.nl (NL), BBC iPlayer (UK), 22Tracks (NL,BE), Twitter.

I’m very happy with the addition of Shoutcast and Deezer and Picasa.

I also had that problem that “I’ve had issues with the last firmware that some of my 720p mp4 movies would stutter every 10 seconds or so. Does anyone know if this release resolves any of those issues?”

But I thought it was caused by syncing with network drives at the same time.

ramx2 wrote:

foetus wrote:

I have a strange bug

after the  upgrade

but…

it works fine with wd logo

but it crashes music and music apps with Random Photo Slideshow  setting

foetus wrote:

ramx2 wrote:

foetus wrote:

I have a strange bug

after the  upgrade

but…

it works fine with wd logo

but it crashes music and music apps with Random Photo Slideshow  setting

I know it’s crashing, it’s annoying ehh. That’s why I told you about the WD logo so you could manage hear your music. You can revert to a previous firmware if it’s bugging you a lot or we have to live meanwhile with such bug until they relrease another buggy firmware.

Long live WD software developers team…

We really appreciate the hard work.

I’ve now taken the plunge and updated to 2.07.17, but the bug with individual tracks of FLAC music albums sorted out of order (descending numerical instead of ascending) that was introduced in fw 2.06.10 is still there. Mp3’s is still sorted correctly.
I’ve checked all settings (specifically the music settings) and there is nothing new there that could help with this.

Thx Wolfman74 I’ve done the update too some hours ago and you’re right, I found also the bug ramx2 is talking about in previous post, every time a new firmware come out there are new feature (most of them are useless for most of people) and double of new bugs, I appreciate the great work of WD team but I prefer to have less feature and more performance and stability and less bug…WD should have to look at the community request and bug report with more attention…

I eventually managed to get the new firmware upgrade after first having the problems with the wireless upgarde 2/2 not installing properly, rolling back, d/l to flash drive and reinstalling. However, since the new firmware has been installed everything seems sluggish. If I press stop while watching a film the video stops but the audio continues on for a good few seconds afterwards. The navigation takes longer. Surely a firmware upgrade should not result in worse performance of the unit. Hopeless. I was happy with it but now just getting [Deleted] with it. WD need to seriously look at what they are releasing as stuff like this will mean customers will go elsewhere in future.

I just tried to update and i got this:

My network setting are fine, everything  worked till this day.  If i turn device off, and than back on, it proceeds to step 2, and then fails with this message again.

This is my first problem with updating since i bought Live hub.

AMGMerc wrote:

I just tried to update and i got this:

My network setting are fine, everything  worked till this day.  If i turn device off, and than back on, it proceeds to step 2, and then fails with this message again.

This is my first problem with updating since i bought Live hub.

I assume that you have not read this:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/HOW-TO-Update-Failed-at-Step-2/td-p/233316

I read it and method 1 didn’t work. Tried it several times.

As for method 2, it’s too complicated and more important, i don’t have clean usb flash disk. Not to mention, people claim that it didn’t work for them too.  

The only thing that did work for me however, was to connect cable  directly to Hub (as someone sugested), then it worked and now everything seems to be fine.

This f/w is already week old, WD should have either fixed it or removed it. Did they even test this update properly, did they try to update through wi-fi? it’s impossible.  This is unacceptable WD. 

Whenever I place a file in the root directory of my external HDD and plug it into my WD TV Live Hub, the file becomes corrupt(0 bytes and obviously unreadable). At first I thought it was a problem with my OS(Gentoo AMD-64) but I am able to transfer files onto the drive and then play them on other computers directly off the HDD. For example I transferred some files onto the HDD, plugged them into a friend’s computer that runs Win 7 x64 and began to view the files with no issues at all.

However, as soon as I then plugged in the external HDD to the hub and turned it on, the media library began to compile, and my files were corrupted. 

Interestingly, this only occurs if the files are placed in the root directory of the HDD. If I place them in a folder, the files are not corrupted upon library compilation.

The filesystem on the HDD is NTFS and the firmware I am on is 2.07.17.

AMGMerc wrote:

I read it and method 1 didn’t work. Tried it several times.

As for method 2, it’s too complicated and more important, i don’t have clean usb flash disk. Not to mention, people claim that it didn’t work for them too.  

The only thing that did work for me however, was to connect cable  directly to Hub (as someone sugested), then it worked and now everything seems to be fine.

This f/w is already week old, WD should have either fixed it or removed it. Did they even test this update properly, did they try to update through wi-fi? it’s impossible.  This is unacceptable WD. 

So you did get the answer in that thread and now everything is OK.

@monstro900

Yes thats the same here. There is even a seperate topic about it and there you can read it’s not only our native language with a few problems here and there …

Mine did the same thing. I didn’t think it was the network because I could do everything else. I tried it about 5 times. On the 5 time, it took alot longer to download, which made me think something was really happening. This time it worked. 5 times-maybe it just takes perseverance.