New Release - Firmware Version 2.07.17 for WD TV Live Hub (8/2/11)

Hi,

I am using automatic downloading firmware.

Latest might be the third update.

all tree working fine also the latest.

Thanks.

Agreed! Wish I would have read this before I upgraded. Movies don’t play now and the lag is redonk-u-lous! Press a button on the remote and the response time is like 5-10 seconds, sometimes longer. Downgrading…

Hi

In the update list it says that it has fixed the issues running it through a netgear n300 series router, I can tell you it hasnt.

I have a WNR3500 V2 and still the same issue. nothing, even symantec blocked the IP for ping of death.

If I plug the WD directly into my PC works fine.

Seriously what is going on with the netgear issues.

I am not 100 % sure, but my router is also a Netgear N series, probably the WNR3500, and it works just fine with the WD Live Hub.
I will check the exact model number when back to home.

Amazing support guys…

I’ve got here an really serious problem…nobody was able to help.

thanks allot!

Yes, I was correct, my router is also a WNR3500v2. The WD TV Live hub has absolutely no problem with connecting to the intrrnet or to other devices on my home network (PCs, TVs, iPads and smartphones). In fact when I first switched the media player on, it immediately found the software update through the Netgear router, even though it was running an older firmware. Just to add some more info: file transfer speed from my computer (and via the router) is between 10-11 MB/s.

Dang, crashed while watching Netfilx again…getting old…

When Plugging my Live tv hub into the netgear wanr 3500 v2 connects to the internet just fine through it and I can do almost everything except see any of the shared files on my pc.

It is very strange. for some reason for me to see any shared files I have to either run a program like PS3 media centre or plug the tv hub directly into my pc.

@Hanni
I will check if it is able to play files directly from a Windows shared directory. Honestly, I have probably never tried it, as I also use PS3 Media Server for streaming videos, but shared folders do show up when selecting source in the Live Hub’s menu.

I have purchased WD TV Live Hub recently, and installed Firmware Vr. 2.07.17 (8/2/11) recently.

I am having Two Folders in the hard hub named 1) media 2) EXE under WDTV, where both the folders are having subfolders containing Photos, Music, Videos.

I have locked EXE folder using disk manager.

It is good that EXE folder and its sub-folder, files are locked and not visible.  But at the same time, I am not able to view some times photo folder and video folder from “media” folder. after compiling the entire hard disk also.

It is giving a little more irritation.

HOW TO SOLVE…?

The firmware update took place with no issues at all, but now I am having the same problem. I lost my mapped network drive, and no matter what I do I cannot browse/access the hub. Twonky does not work either. Basically it is cut off from my network so I have to load media via the USB stick.  I will try to roll back to previous. What catastrophic update.

That worked for me - rolled back and no probems now. I will wait until they release a better firmware.

My problems with last update:

1. I can’t transfer files from my pc to player (network share disconnect after ~3 minutes)

2. I can’t jump to specified time scene on the movie, nothing happend when I try

3. The player is not recognising the external WD MY PASSPORT ESSENTIAL SE 1TB conected via USB!!!

All this problems doesen’t exist in old firmware… Prepared to downgrade!

After upgrade the firmware, the colored buttons from the remote control stopped working.

Any help?

Tks

Greetings, everybody. Ever since firmware revision 2.04.13 I am experiencing crashes of WD TV Live Hub but only when I’m playing DVD (video_ts) folders and pressing back or stop after finishing the movie or during the DVD menu playback. The Live Hub simply shuts off and restarts. This is rather annoying as my WD Passport 1TB usb disk gets errors while abruptly losing power and I have to repair (scandisk) the disk to be properly initialized and read by  WD TV Live hub again. This issue was not present at firmware 2.04.13 but was consistently present in every later software version. I’ve checked other external disks and even copied the video_ts folder to the internal disk but the problem remained the same. When pressing stop button or back button during DVD folder playback, my WD TV Live hub crashes and restarts. Has anybody else experienced similar situation? Thank you for your support and reply.

Flyer_SG wrote:

Greetings, everybody. Ever since firmware revision 2.04.13 I am experiencing crashes of WD TV Live Hub but only when I’m playing DVD (video_ts) folders and pressing back or stop after finishing the movie or during the DVD menu playback. The Live Hub simply shuts off and restarts. This is rather annoying as my WD Passport 1TB usb disk gets errors while abruptly losing power and I have to repair (scandisk) the disk to be properly initialized and read by  WD TV Live hub again. This issue was not present at firmware 2.04.13 but was consistently present in every later software version. I’ve checked other external disks and even copied the video_ts folder to the internal disk but the problem remained the same. When pressing stop button or back button during DVD folder playback, my WD TV Live hub crashes and restarts. Has anybody else experienced similar situation? Thank you for your support and reply.

I would suggest creating .iso files form your video_ts files. I know the hub is supposed ot play from video_ts properly but .iso is cleaner, and more convenient. Especially if you start to play around with sutom themes from the theming section. I cant guarentee that it will resolve your issue but its worth a shot. I would convert 2-3 of your movies and test. if it solves it, do em all.

Creating a .iso is quite simple using a free program called imgburn or many others. You dont lose quality as you arent actually converting anything. All it does is basically puts it in a non-compressed .zip file. However its very convenient because it takes a folder full of multiple files and makes just 1 file. easier to move, easier to reburn, might resolve your crashing issue and as mentioned above is kind of a must if you want to use any custom themeing from the themes section

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I actually have several iso files (made from DVDs by DVDFAB) and I don’t remember right now (but I’ll check later today) whether ISO files also had problems or not. I think they had but I yet have to confirm this. I’ll post my findings. Thanks and kind regards.

Just wanted to confirm many earlier posts re: v2.07.17.
After upgrade, any attempt to play a previously working .wpl playlist causes the hub to get “lost” and unable to view and play many kinds of files, and requires a hard reboot to recover. The hub would not complete an attempt to clear and rebuild the media catalog - it would stick in the flashing light/updating media catalog mode forever attempting to build the catalog. After I deleted the playlists, and deleted the assignments of three remote control buttons to those playlists, things seems to get better and It then cleared and rebuilt the media catalog properly.

I intend to downgrade the firmware and wait for a better release.

sigh, after reading about 15 pages of comments, I’m still on the fence about updating firmware. 

i’m still on the out of the box firmware 2.01.05. NO issues with my usage so far. haha

do i need to update??

You do not need to update if you are satisfied with the way the thing works now. As you can see from the comments the latest 2.07.17 version of firmware has a couple of significant bugs. If you have any playlists set up, or intend to make some, then I strongly suggest you do NOT update to the 2.07.17. I ended up deleting playlists because every time I attempted to play one it would muck up the box and force me to do a hard power-down & reboot to get it working ok again. I was unable to do a clear & rebuild of the media catalog until after the playlists were deleted.

If you are willing and able to tinker a bit you can search the firmware topics for “how to roll back the firmware”, follow the link to the WD support site, download the 2.06.10 version, put it on a thumb drive and install that.

All in all, I would be very tempted to wait until the next release, check the release notes to see if they fixed the bugs introduced in the 2.07.17 release, check this forum to see how that one is doing, then decide.