New Release - Firmware Version 2.04.13 for WD TV Live Hub (3/8/11)

After updating I can no longer reach any network share. “No storage present”.

I’ve been running it for 2 months without any problem. Just did the firmware update and now none of my computers show up. I have two Win 7 machines, one Server 2008 and one XP. All have guest accounts enabled and my Tvix and Xtreamer units show them just fine. And it worked just fine from the WD as well just 2 minutes ago.

I have reset by software and with the hardware switch. I’ve tried soft rebooting. I’ve tried changing workgroup. I’ve enabled and disabled every media / dlna server option in the menus. Still cant reach anything.

What have you done WD ???

Argus wrote:

I am affraid that I will have to downgrade …

I did downgrade to firmware Ver. 2.02.13. Sigh. Now other annoying things bothered me.

Used upgrade from the internet again (to current 2.04.13) and for now the problem has gone.

pegatinas wrote:

Now my external HDD WD 2Tb can´t be detected by the WD HUB…How can I unistall last firmware???

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Okey, i tested it a bit…

Well, apart of the vanished Services and the new one popped up and also the new White/Lightgrey Bug there is nothing i noticed…

Especialy the same Bugs allready reported are still there, like the random Dropout while using the remote and also the HDMI-still-powered-on-standby-Bug and all that Stuff, so useless for me…

And for the Medialib, i not switched it on anymore, and probably will never again until everything concerning the Medialib is fixed properly first, so if there was changes there, i will not notice them anyway…

However, i not noticed any new Major Bugs, so hmm its not negative after all, but also not a reason to jump around of happyness, nothing rally new, so what stays is a little cosmetic Fix concering the Translation thats all… :wink:

Okay loaded new firmware last night, it loaded successfully and I checked a few things before turning it off and going to bed. Now today I turn on the unit it starts to load Mochi, then crashes and turns off. Now what do I do? How do I roll back firmware when the unit won’t even stay on?

HELP!

tm9ZL34UhIf68B2 wrote:

Okey, i tested it a bit…

Well, apart of the vanished Services and the new one popped up and also the new White/Lightgrey Bug there is nothing i noticed…

Especialy the same Bugs allready reported are still there, like the random Dropout while using the remote and also the HDMI-still-powered-on-standby-Bug and all that Stuff, so useless for me…

And for the Medialib, i not switched it on anymore, and probably will never again until everything concerning the Medialib is fixed properly first, so if there was changes there, i will not notice them anyway…

However, i not noticed any new Major Bugs, so hmm its not negative after all, but also not a reason to jump around of happyness, nothing rally new, so what stays is a little cosmetic Fix concering the Translation thats all… :wink:

What service disappeared?

tmpaes wrote:

Okay loaded new firmware last night, it loaded successfully and I checked a few things before turning it off and going to bed. Now today I turn on the unit it starts to load Mochi, then crashes and turns off. Now what do I do? How do I roll back firmware when the unit won’t even stay on?

HELP!

You can try a hard boot flash.  Plug in your thumbdrive with the firmware on it, then unplug the power cord then plug it back in.

keyboard doesn’t work with the new apps.:angry: which are btw useless… hundreds of clips and stations nobody wants to see or hear. no bugs fixed.

btw: after using the search function by keyboard it is also “off” afterwards. have to navigate back by remote control until last time keyboard worked.

Downloaded the new firmware tonight and notice a movie that previously played with no issue was now stutering a bit or seem frame rate was off.  Certain parts of movie seem to skip frames and people walking moved in a fast pace, but the sound played as normal.  Suggestions?  I did not loose my internal drive or movies saved like some on here, thank goodness.  Only had the unit for a week and have been pleased to this point.  How can you releast firmware updates so quickly and have so many issues.  I have already upgraded my firmware twice now in a week.

Tony the firmware removed Pandora from Services for non USA boxes !!

However it can still be accessed via the favourite shortcut (Be careful not to remove from your favourite list if you want to keep the link).

So now on our Non USA boxes we do not have Pandora, Blockbuster or Netflix in the Services Menu.

The best is, i have Accounts for the vanished Services, but now they are no more there… WD is soooo lame!!!

Well, think its Time to start hacking the Firmware then or so, i don’t like it if someone else dictates my what services i have in the Menu, sorry!

Yeah, those premium service providers are starting to fight back.

I’m trying to find the news clipping I read last month that mentioned that NetFlix is starting to disallow VPN service providers, too, so people getting NetFlix via VPN may stop working soon.

Well, i will first try to cheat it with an US-Proxy coded directly in my Router, i have allready flashed an Firmware that allows my to put VyprVPN directly in the Router, so if i select the US-Endpoint it should work, however you said VPN don’t work anymore soon, so i will additionaly try to put an US-Proxy then or so…

If cheating doesn’t work, the Hubs Firmware must be hacked instead, well if i get some Time i will try to find the Bit that needs to be bended that the Services pops up again, there is certainly a Way to do it…

Well, but if the other Bugs don’t get fixed first, i shortly loose the Confidence in the WD Hub anyway, so i will open my Eyes for a new Solution in parallel… The lamest Thing is, even the hacked Xbox’s Mediaplayer was able to scale perfectly, but the 2011 WD-Hub fails, well perhaps i should start thinking about building my own Mediaplayerbox, seems there is none really good one on the Market yet… I will trying contact a Friend of my that is allways open for such little Projects and check out how much these silly Sigmachips would cost us to build in also… Yeahh, WD starts to **bleep** big, so a new Solution is needed!

And also i don’t understand why WD does not build in the EU-Services like Zattoo and all these local Station providing Streams, there is enough Space in the Servicepage for them, anyway i really hate non-global thinking Company’s like Netflix, Blockbuster and Pandora that even if customers pay discriminates them because of silly National-License-■■■■, aren’t we in a global World?

And for WD also, i think this Formware Update was only released to fast because of exactly these Services to be blocked!

So for me it seems WD are releasing Updates primarly for blocking Content and for Usercontrol instead for fixing Bugs!

After sucessfully update I discovered that:

-  It freezes erratically. No action with the remote is possible. Disconnect power is the only solution to reboot.

• Very low audio levels over HDMI for some Mediafly  Channel  and videos . After reboot  it seems to be OK. Will this issue return?

• No more DTS or 5.1 sound over HDMI  for all videos. Only 2.1. Reboot has not solved the problem.

• Netflix, Bockbuster and Pandora still present for me in Brazil. Netflix will be operating here this year so I hope the apps will continue.

A new firmware is necessary to correct this. I would like to downgrade the firmware but I was surprised to read this in the FAQ:

Important: Downgrading your firmware is not recommended by WD. Please only downgrade if you experienced an issue that prevents you from otherwise upgrading or using your WD TV product.

Hi I just installed the new Hardware and my Belkin Wireless USB adapter stopped working. Any one knows how to fix this?

frfa1 wrote:

-  It freezes erratically. No action with the remote is possible. Disconnect power is the only solution to reboot.

• Very low audio levels over HDMI for some Mediafly  Channel  and videos . After reboot  it seems to be OK. Will this issue return?
  • No more DTS or 5.1 sound over HDMI  for all videos. Only 2.1. Reboot has not solved the problem.
  • Netflix, Bockbuster and Pandora still present for me in Brazil. Netflix will be operating here this year so I hope the apps will continue.

A new firmware is necessary to correct this. I would like to downgrade the firmware but I was surprised to read this in the FAQ:

Important: Downgrading your firmware is not recommended by WD. Please only downgrade if you experienced an issue that prevents you from otherwise upgrading or using your WD TV product.

change your settings in audio/video to

digital passthrough HDMI or digital passthrough optical

depending on your home theater setup.

Upon flashing the device, the audio settings is re-set to stereo!

firetix wrote:

frfa1 wrote:

change your settings in audio/video to

digital passthrough HDMI or digital passthrough optical

or depending on your home theater setup.

Upon flashing the device, the audio settings is re-set to stereo!

Many thanks, firefix. I will try it today.

frfa1 wrote:A new firmware is necessary to correct this. I would like to downgrade the firmware but I was surprised to read this in the FAQ:

Not really surprising for me if WD releases Firmwares primarly to lock Services or Features for certain Users instead of Bugfixing, its logicaly they don’t want Users to downgrade, because downgrading then means circumvent the Locks… I’m pretty sure WD will soon prevent downgrades because of this, if that happens i trow the Hub out of the Window for sure!

What about first fixing Bugs first instead of removing Services and introduce new Bugs?