New Release - Firmware Version 1.12.14 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (10/29/12)

JoeySmyth wrote:
“Match Framerate” applies to “VIDEOS” … can’t see how that has anything to do with playing “Audio Files”

A typical WD problem then. Some people also complained that with HDMI set to auto and “match framerate” to on it takes longer when pressing “next” during mp3 playback.

Just upgraded and I am not happy :confused:

For some reason wifi wont work. If I enter the detail manually it works, I get connection and the “check connection” reports all three green. BUT, I can’t find my shares. Thinks like Twonky(?) pops up from my NAS so I have a connection to my network and the resolve works but for some reason I can find my shares. 

Any idea what could be wrong? 

/BR

Klas

Did you turn on linux shares in network settings?

Hy!

Recently I bought a WD TV Live Media Player. I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.12.14) and every video has a faster rate of play … (like FF or RW mode). So the normal play is moving faster than the normal speed.

Restart and reset does not help, unfortunately…:frowning:

Any ideas?

Thanx!

i recently bought a wd tv live player interested in ‘play to’ feature of windows 8. http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330, click on windows8 tab.

but when the device is installed in the modern devices ui, it comes up as ‘not windows certified’. consequently it does not show up as a device to receive video in ‘charms’ bar. this is with, 1.12.14 fw.

has anyone solved this issue? i reinstalled, rebooted, intalled windows update, without any luck.

thanks.

Thanks for giving us another reason to not jump on the Win 8 bandwagon too soon.  Sorry you have this problem, though.

So I discovered that I needed to shrink my partition to 2TB from 3TB and now the drive is recognized.  However, when I play movies, sometimes the player freezes!

This FW and this unit in general is a piece of junk.

Hello all. I bought this device a month ago after my old wd tv live (2008 model) broke up.

I am very very dissapointed. The new device with the same disk attached as the old one cannot playback a lot of video files. Some time i get error that video type is not supported (this happend sometimes with .AVI files) and some other times video plays but sound doesn’t come out (this happend today on a .VOB file that was working on the old model…). Also i tried to watch a 3D .mkv movie and every 10-15 seconds it is freezing for 1-2 seconds and then starts again. And all these issue where not there at all with the same files in the older product i had.

I have latest Firmware 1.12.14 on my device but the issues are still there…

I will send it to repair center and really hope that it is a HW issue rather than a poor SW implementation that works worst than the odest device… 

Have you also experienced the same issues?

I am having a wireless problem and another major problem,

I just recently got a WD Live Plus for Christmas. I am having problems with it connecting to my network. It will not pick up wirelessly and I have to use connect to it through an ethernet for it to finally connect. I’ve upgraded the firmware to 1.12.14 and nothing seems to get the wireless to work.

Another thing that is really troubling is that every time I seem to turn it on, it will knock all other devices (laptop, iphone, bluray player) off of the network and they are not able to re-connect back on until the router is reset and the WD Live is turned off. I have checked for answers but am still not sure what to try to get this fixed.

Thanks for the help!

vincefan >>>  I just recently got a WD Live Plus for Christmas.

Are you sure you got a “Live Plus”  (an old model) or the new Live Streaming model (latest model) ?

A Live Plus is not a wireless unit (unless one adds an adapter) and the Live Streaming (I believe) is wireless.

Can’t even guess a solution for your second problem. Maybe others can help.

You are right. I do not have the plus. I have the most recent model. So I should be able to connect without an adapter. It works right away when I hook an ethernet cord to it. I dont mind having to connect with the wire, just a little annoying since it should work.

Vince, have you downloaded the complete user manual from WD support for your exact model?  Highly recommened to do so.

Ya, I have the manual for my exact model. I read everything and did as it said. Still no wireless connectivity and when I turn it on, it disconnects every other wireless device from the network.

Vince, at this point I suggest you contact WD Support.  I do not have an SMP, and do not know my way around that unit.  Perhaps others who have an SMP can be more helpful.  It does seem strange the other network clients get bunged apparently by the SMP.

Another funky bug…

Needed/Tested with:

• WDTV SMP
  • Wired connection
  • Windows shares
  • USB-stick with media files
  • match framerate set to on (maybe it happens with it set to “off”, too, not going to test)

STR:

• Start playing any videofile from the Windows-share.
  • Stop the playback and stay at the file browser view.
  • Plug in the USB-stick and switch to it with the red B-button.
  • Start playback from the stick.
  • During playback, unplug the network-cable.
  • After five to ten seconds, the WDTV will crash-reboot.

Expected behavior:
No crash. At. All.

EDIT:
The WD-devs might also want to check their code on why it’s sometimes possible to go to 16x fast forward when pressing fast rewind on the remote. Most of the time, this happens for me when I want to switch from 4x fast forward to 2x fast rewind.

I wouldn’t say that it’s junk.  my seagate expansion drive 3b usb external works just fine…probably something wrong with your drive settings?

Dear developers,

Plese add support DVB subtitles. this is very important for many people.

Thank you very mutch

Darya

I have a 500 GB USB drive attached to my SMP. When I select the Videos folder the yellow arrow just keeps spinning, almost like its trying to pull into memory the contents of the folder. It nevers finishes and shows me the videos I have on the HDD. 

This never happened in the previous 1.11 firmware. Has anyone else run into this and is there a way around it?

Thanks,

Steve

Another day, another bug:

Connecting a 2.5" external HD to a powered USB-hub, which is connected to the SMP. Play some files from it, then stop. Then put the SMP into standby. Wake it from standby, try to play a file from the HD and boing, black screen, nothing happens, and unmounting isn’t working either (endless spinning yellow arrow).

I’m so sick of this device.

EDIT:

And even if the HD is unmounted before putting the device into standby, the WD isn’t mounting it after waking it up. I have to unplug and plug it back into the hub. Ridiculous.

schwurbel wrote:

And even if the HD is unmounted before putting the device into standby, the WD isn’t mounting it after waking it up. I have to unplug and plug it back into the hub. Ridiculous.

No, that is, of course, the way it should be.   Standby isn’t the same as OFF.   You’re only expected to use EJECT when you’re REMOVING the drive, or shutting the SMP off.   If you don’t remove it, it’s going to sit there indefinitely waiting for you to remove it.