New Release - Firmware Version 1.12.14 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (10/29/12)

Tinwarble wrote:

Even though the internal scrapper will now get the backdrops for TV shows, you can no longer use the my_image.jpg in the TV show xml to display local images.

I noticed that also, any idea what tag they are using now to get backdrops for TV shows?

Finally found the solution.Ā It was as simple as the Workgroup name was diffrent in the nas from the wdtv. This has troubled me for a week.
I can finally ad movies as normal to my media library and ad the info on the movies. Subtitles also work now.

I updated from 1.10.13

The loading time for a Video is longer than in 1.10. In past i could skip a video and play the next one even if i saw the first picture from the video. Now it takes few seconds for caching the video and the wd accepts new remote commands.

Also the loading image stays a bit on screen even if the video started.

I switch back to 1.10 couse the performance is much better.

1 Like

HI, Ā Iā€™ve just updated to 1.12.14 and am having exactly the same issue as the previous firmware. Ā  Ā My system is a WDTV and Seagate NAS drive; both setup as DHCP on a windows domain. Ā I know that domains are ā€œmeantā€ to work but this has done quite sucessfully for the past year or so. Ā Only the previous firmware has caused an issue as far as I can see.

The issue is that almost everytime I have watched something (NAS setup as a media libaray source) you canā€™t play anything else until you do Settings->Restart device. Ā At which point everything seems to work fine for ONE play. Ā The on screen issue you see is the moving orange arrow just goes around and around if you try to play something without doing the restart first. Ā  Worse than this though; once something is playing, you canā€™t stop or pause it (or control in any way) and very strange if you hit the home button the menu appears but the programme continues to play in the background (you can hear it). Ā You canā€™t return to the programme as you canā€™t play anything until the restart happens.

Has anyone else found these symptoms? Ā Overall my network has Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7 machine, Synology DS1812+, WDTV, Seagate NAS and is all running as a windows domain. Ā Please note that this setup has been in place for months without issue until the latest firmware.Ā 

Final thing noticed, if you go to the network setup, wires, and then chose Automatic (DHCP) to renew the IP, the machine restarts itself without warningā€¦

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Nopeā€¦ None of that hereā€¦

Me either.Ā  Hey, has anyone experienced anything funny with Hulu Plus?Ā  Problems with shows playing?

Beveled wrote:

Still cannot play 24fps material smoothly.

Works for me with autoframe on, donā€™t know why this isnā€™t set to default when updating.

I too see stutter with certain MKVā€™s. The ones I have that are 24.00fps stutter every 40 seconds or so but the ones that are 23.976fps play flawless. Thankfully most of the films I have are 23.976fps.

I donā€™t know whether this is a fault of the player or problem with the films? Whatā€™s this autoframe option Techflaws? Do you mean Auto mode where it switches to 50hz 60hz 24hz etc depending on film?

Yeah, actually itā€™s called Match video framerate:

Setup > Audio/Video Output > Video Output > HDMI > Auto > Auto > On

With your TV playing along stutter should be non-existant.

SMP Adds TV Tuner, Boxee TV announced Today!!!

Outstandingā€¦

Thanks

I have that setting enabled but I still get the stutter every 40 secs. 95% of my collection plays fine its just the odd Chinese and British movie that is set at a fixed 24.00fps that seems to have the problem. Most if not all US titles are 23.976 so play perfectly.

CrazyWolf wrote:

I updated from 1.10.13

The loading time for a Video is longer than in 1.10. In past i could skip a video and play the next one even if i saw the first picture from the video. Now it takes few seconds for caching the video and the wd accepts new remote commands.

Also the loading image stays a bit on screen even if the video started.

I switch back to 1.10 couse the performance is much better.

Reverted back to 1.10.13 for the same reasons. The spinning-logo being displayed over the first couple of seconds of the video is a no-go. Why was that changed at all (back in 1.11 already)?

1 Like

These issues are still present in 1.12.14 FW:

In video browser list (2 columns view), we canā€™t navigate from 1rst line (of any column), to the previous video.

Remove the empty space line, between subtitle lines.

Please follow the links and vote (give kudos) to these issues, so they get fixed.

schwurbel wrote:

The spinning-logo being displayed over the first couple of seconds of the video is a no-go. Why was that changed at all (back in 1.11 already)?

Probably some changes in buffering.

rob77 wrote:
its just the odd Chinese and British movie that is set at a fixed 24.00fps that seems to have the problem.

Can you upload a 3 min clip of this to Mediafire or something?

Hope this helps Techflaws

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxtZUanRN-oASnE4M0ZZUWltMm8

I have same problem on new firmware 1.12.14 . It was my big mistake. My device worked flawlessly before update. Also, the feature to skip the movie to a specified time no longer work. can you tell me how to revert to previous firmware version?

Thanks

Bill_S wrote:

Me either.  Hey, has anyone experienced anything funny with Hulu Plus?  Problems with shows playing?

The only thing that Iā€™ve notice is the first few minutes when a show starts the video resolution is off.  Thereā€™s a lot of distortion at the beginning, then the resolution seems to go back to normal.

dance03 wrote:

can you tell me how to revert to previous firmware version?

Thanks

Search for ā€œrollback firmwareā€ in the searchfield above.

Anyone else having issues with the blue ā€œhomeā€ button?

Since the latest update the SMP has seemed to have lost the ability to exit a process ,(a service, movie, device settings, etcā€¦), and jump straight to the main home screen. To get back to the home screen you have to continually use the back button.

Has anybody had problems copying files over their home wireless network using Windows Explorer to a HD attached to the WDTV.

Im no longer able to do this. Not sure if its a new network problem, a windows 8 problem or a firmware issue.

When I try and copy a large file over the network it transfers for about 30 seconds then dies and kicks me out of my wireless connection.

Never happened before the last day or so.