New Release - Firmware Version 1.08.17 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (5/7/12)

Didn’t solve my issue with permanent reloading of the media library after rebooting the WDTV Live.

I am connected thru a 300MBit WLAN router to my HDD with my movies - every time I switch of the WDTV Live over night (completely switched off) and power it on again the next day or so, it takes several minutes or so to reload the media library.

Also loading thumbnails and infos takes ages.

I’ve got an empty 1 GB USB Stick also connected to the WDTV Live, why aren’t such infos not stored locally on the USB stick instead of loading them over WLAN?

Kind regards

oldman777 wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

oldman777 wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

For questions or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread.

I upgraded my WD TV live SMP to 1.08.17 and no change,the problem with rear USB port still remains.
When this bug will be fixed?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/SMP-refuses-to-play-1080p-files-from-the-HDD-USB-3-0-connected/idi-p/377519

Bill_S wrote:

As I think was said earlier, this could be a hardware problem.  I would contact support like you said you were doing.

I do not quite understand. This a hardware problem is only with my player?
And I can exchange it for another player who does not have problem with the rear port.
Or the same problem with the rear port is at all players, manufactured from December 2011 to the present day?
And I can not exchange it for another player who does not have this problem.

Dear Bill_S, Following your advice. I contacted  the WD support three weeks ago.
After exchanging courtesies and clarify some details,
I got the impression that my question started to be addressed.
After upgrade email support system, my question has changed registration number.
And today I discovered that the changed status of the issue. Now it is " CLOSED."
Explain, please, what does all this mean?

I’ll look into what happened. 

Due to the new release, I am closing this thread.