New Release - Firmware Version 1.07.15 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/29/12)

With FW 1.06.04 it was possible (for me to) go to into deep-stand-by at any time while pressing the red power button for about 5 seconds.

With Firmware Version 1.07.15 it is not possible any more.

What do I mean with “at any time” ?

There are serveral situations the SMP gets out of (remote) control.

One very simple example (anyone can follow, re-producable)  is while the media libary is compiling.

Okay, then we know our WD is bussy working while building the libary. After doing this for some days and nights with FW 1.06.04 it was possible to stop it by pressing power off for 5 seconds. Then we could restart , trurn the libary off and watch a movie, after the end of the movie session we we able to continue libary work by seeting the libary on again, This is NOT  working with FW version 1.07.15 (for me ?) any more.

In my opinion it is a new bug.

What do you think ?

There are other situations (re-production for me not really exactly possible) the smp gets in “a frozen state”,

offen happening while navigation, change-ing folders with large folder.jpgs.

The majority of customers (my impression) have written their really negative feed-back about new fw quality from wd.

Since today I just ignored it and wanted to be “up-to-date” with my firmware.

But not any more.

So my advice to all:

Just ignore this *beep* fw 1.07.15 untill you really MUST HAVE one of the listed new features.

Keep in mind that on the listed features you only see the “fixed” issues, not the “new broken” issues.

P.S.:

Rolled back to FW 1.06.04, deep-standby (for my SMP) possible without any problem at any time.

Upgrades to 1.07.15 and the device cannot connect to my network drives, the fiemware Icon is gone plus feature to log to my network, the device freezes at times. Tried to rollback and it does not even give me the option to do that. This really **bleep**!!!

All my units are on factory FW v.1.01.43 and have no complaints. 

Resetting the device to factory default still does not cut. All the features lost before reseting are still missing after reset. Can’t even watch Netflix any more!

@WDTV101

Yeah, i know. You keep saying that. (in every frimware-thread i read for that matter)

But since the firmware 1.01.43 is not available nor suited for a rollback, whats the relevance of that remark? How does it help others with problems with their WDTV?

Why don’t share some solutions?

1 Like

My wd media player is showing version 1.06.16_B  and says updated, i did it by internet auto download is this filmware ok for BABX0000NBK-00 series?Some app are missing from internet media.

Domingoav wrote:

My wd media player is showing version 1.06.16_B  and says updated, i did it by internet auto download is this filmware ok for BABX0000NBK-00 series?Some app are missing from internet media.

You have a WD Live Plus. What apps do you believe are missing. This forum is for the NEW Live streaming which have different ‘apps’ or services to the your old Live Plus.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-1-06-16-B-for-WD-TV-Live-Plus-8-2/td-p/230670

Thank you so much for the rollback link…this last update is beyond bad, pathetic is more accurate.

I just got the WD TV Live Streaming the other day.  I set it up last nite and am running it using the built-in wireless.  Tonite I made the mistake of updating the firmware without first checking the internet to see if there were any problems with the latest update.  And of course after the update Netflix is gone.  Ridiculous…Netflix?  Really?  How does this happen?  Do they have 5th graders working on these “updates”?  Plus I am getting a very weak signal from my router that is only about 15 feet away in another room, and I can’t even stream DVD ISO files over my wireless network from my desktop in another room.  Again, ridiculous.  So far this device is not doing so well, and I had read a lot of great things about this device before I bought it.  Not very happy so far.

Are they not going to jump right on this Netflix problem?  No excuse for this.

Edit:  Wait, it has been nearly a month and this issue hasn’t been resolved?!  Are you kidding me?!  This ■■■■■■ will be going back pronto.  This is outrageous.

sacflies wrote:

I just got the WD TV Live Streaming the other day.  I set it up last nite and am running it using the built-in wireless.  Tonite I made the mistake of updating the firmware without first checking the internet to see if there were any problems with the latest update.  And of course after the update Netflix is gone.  Ridiculous…Netflix?  Really?  How does this happen?  Do they have 5th graders working on these “updates”?  Plus I am getting a very weak signal from my router that is only about 15 feet away in another room, and I can’t even stream DVD ISO files over my wireless network from my desktop in another room.  Again, ridiculous.  So far this device is not doing so well, and I had read a lot of great things about this device before I bought it.  Not very happy so far.

Are they not going to jump right on this Netflix problem?  No excuse for this.

Edit:  Wait, it has been nearly a month and this issue hasn’t been resolved?!  Are you kidding me?!  This ■■■■■■ will be going back pronto.  This is outrageous.

I note that by simply resetting the player you got Netflix back so its just the Wifi signal. 

Download inSSIDer (free) and see if there are any other users in your area on the same channel as you. This can knock your signal down.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

Like many other users, I decided to upgrade to firmware 1.07.15 only to regret it… All of my mkv movies stutter and I get sound clicks throughout the movie. I rolled back to the 1.04.12 firmware and the files don’t stutter much anymore. Once in a while I’ll get a stutter or a sound click (pop). This whole issue is very annoying. I should have returned the item back before the 30 days return policy from best buy were up. I really hope they get this whole mkv playback issue resolved quickly. It is sad that such a large company can’t seem to get this simple product to work properly. 

lets face it,

there’s only one way out of this labyrinth. Lets hope WD come to their senses and make the firmware public;

it’s obvious that they’re not gonna get it right, so they  have the choice:

go public and make your hardware worth buying

or keep it closed and protect a firmware which nobody even cares for, and make your hardware a crappy purchase on the side

Steffen_2009 wrote:

With FW 1.06.04 it was possible (for me to) go to into deep-stand-by at any time while pressing the red power button for about 5 seconds.

Oh yes it is. I tried that with 1.07.15 and it works just fine. Have you try reseting your device to factory defaults after installing 1.07.15? 

What would be helpful is if ye actually solved the problems that are reported.

Around two months ago, I reported that the latest firmware was broken and was

restarting my Live TV fter around half an hour of random play. I received no reply

to my query.

I thought that the firmware just released would fix the issue, but no, it’s still happening.

Through not testing your firmware releases properly you have destroyed a very fine media

player and a device that I have recommended to a few people.

When are you going to fix this basic fault that was not present in several firmware updates prior to

the penultimate one.

Very, very annoyed customer

John Galvin

Since this update, I can’t see one mkv completely without stutter.

Sometimes, my WD TV Live just freezes for 30 seconds. If I’m lucky, there are some minutes skipped. If not, I have to reboot my WD TV Live.

I never had such problems before.

Therefore I have a question:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

says in Point 7 that the number of the downloaded rollback-version has not to match the version visible on the screen. I see the v2.07.15 now (instead of 1.7.15).

Do I have any problem with the next (hopefully stable!) version, if this should be a number LOWER then 2.07.15??

Or why is this number not important?

This number is just a string in a file on the update medium that makes the SMP believe that it is actually an update (2>1), not a downgrafe. After the update it will show the correct fw version.

Hi I had this same problem.Moved my device to the room with the router where I had another Tv and hooked everything up. Started the WD and then reentered all my wireless password and voila it worked. Disconnected the WD and moved it back to the Cinema room ,hooked it all back up and guess what it still worked. Still not sure why but hey as long as it works who cares.

galvo wrote:

What would be helpful is if ye actually solved the problems that are reported.

Around two months ago, I reported that the latest firmware was broken and was

restarting my Live TV fter around half an hour of random play. I received no reply

to my query.

I thought that the firmware just released would fix the issue, but no, it’s still happening.

Through not testing your firmware releases properly you have destroyed a very fine media

player and a device that I have recommended to a few people.

When are you going to fix this basic fault that was not present in several firmware updates prior to

the penultimate one.

Very, very annoyed customer

John Galvin

What do you mean you received no reply after your query?  Did you attempt to email support?  Or, are you referring to a post here on the community?

n/m

Hi. 

Not sure if this has been answered or not.

I have a WD TV live - WDBGXT0000NBK-EESN (European model) , but I am living in the US. After the firmware update I lost Hulu and Netflix. Is this because of the model or what? Is there a solution, or one on the way?

Thank You