New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.12 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (11/17/11)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Anyone else having NetFlix (US) issues?

I tried watching it last night and couldn’t get a video to start up and it all but locked up the UI.   I figured it was just the “Friday Night Rush” so didn’t think anything about it.

But it wouldn’t work this morning, either.

My other NetFlix devices work fine, though.   

Tony, after I upgraded to 1.04.12, the first time I tried to use netflix and play a movie it started to buffer and got about half way and locked up.  After about a minute or two I had a pop-up on the screen tell me that my device had been de-registered and asked if I would like to register the device again.  I registered my device and went back to the movie and it buffered alot quicker this time around and started to play almost right away.  Dunno if this helps but that was my experience.

nfodiz:  Yeah, I had that problem in the previous FW, too.  

I was able to play NF one time yesterday.   But the second stream locked it up…  

I think there’s an issue with HDCP between it and my LG.   Hmmmm.

I been getting every item getting doubled or triple items [movies] so I had to constantly redo the media library to correct the listings. First time when I deleted a file with [option - delete] then also with [delete - back to cancel the delete] anybody else had this issue? With the new firmware? I never had this the the last firmware

Fantastic!  Thank you WD.

My videos folder on my Windows 7 PC’s share is now scraping!  :)   My movie listing is now looking great.

Also, Netflix is back and so far so good.  :)

Thank you!

Ok i fixed my SMB access/media library connection issue I had before. I had to disable & re-enable Microft Networking (SAMBA) on my QNAP NAS… now my WD TV SMP is scraping 2 TB lol… bring on the metadata!

I updated to the newest firmware after having issues with the previous version, as well.  I have no NAS hooked up and am not connected to any wired/wireless network.  The unit boots up fine and I can see the local USB drive with files.  When I start a movie, it works as it should but after a certain period of time (>10 minutes or so) if I stop the movie, the sound continues with the movie but the video does as it should in going back to the previous folder.  I can navigate around but cannot start another file as the audio continues from the previous file.  If I try to get back to the original video, it appears as it should but the circular spinning disk access symbol remains.  This also happens if I finish a video and try to select another (without the sound obviously) video, the spinning disk just hangs and nothing works.  This issues makes it unusable as I have to reboot every time I watch something.

Please help!  Thanks.

RedBadger93 :“How do you use the screen capture feature?”

Trying to figure that out myself. Anyone figure out how to do it yet?

Plug in a USB stick or HD.

Set a REMOTE HOTKEY to Screen Capture.

Press the remote hotkey.

Examine USB for file.  :)

Hmm, did that but all I get is blank (black images) from media files. I can cap the menus, however! Am I doing something wrong or is this not supposed to work with mkv/avi/mp4 files and such?

It won’t work with media. Probably a copyright thing.

Thanks for the info. Not sure the feature is worth much if all you can do is take screen shots of your menus and such. Oh well…

Does Accuweather display the correct time(s) in the UK…?

there are 2 times displayed the top cormer one and another in the Accuweather  “app” itself.

Here in  CA it the app seems to be stuck on GMT (UK )time…

…the zoom function on the map jpg/png is useless… True,its a a zoom,but  simply of the image itself.

I already raised this in the firmware thread

the time would be correct in the UK … as long as the UK isn’t on Summertime…  ;)

To clarify,

The Accuweather screen displays 2 times the top RH corner one which is the "default " time  seen across

all screens. This displays correctly for my current  (Pacific Time) zone…

The other time is shown in the Accuweather  “app” itself… this is set  8 hrs ahead to GMT…even though my location/city

is set to San Jose

Yeah, I agree…  It’s showing UTC time instead of local time in the app itself.

Hi sorry for my bad english.

In my case with this version:

M2ts don’t play

mkv with 35mb/s bitrate slows and hang

some mpg with higher bitrate don’t play

Rollback to 1.03.10 and all ok. 

piposolari wrote:

Hi sorry for my bad english.

In my case with this version:

M2ts don’t play

mkv with 35mb/s bitrate slows and hang

some mpg with higher bitrate don’t play

Rollback to 1.03.10 and all ok. 

Hope you don’t mind me asking - what MKVs do you have with a bitrate higher that 35mbps?

Blu-ray Disc absolute maximum is 40, and most BDs never get close to that. Even those that do only do so because of extra audio tracks, subtitles and Picture-in-Picture video - most of which most people don’t rip to MKV.

I’d be amazed if any of my BD rips hit 35mbps…but I might be wrong.

Steve W

Just a quick report back on the new firmware.

I’m very impressed with how it, and this machine in general, is working.

I have an odd set up, which I suspected might cause the machine a few hitches.  I have 3 x 3tb MBL NASs ans 1 x 2tb HDD attached, with my films on 2 of the MBLs + the HDD, and everything else on MBL number 3.  To further confuse things I just have the films in the media library.

It took the media library just a minute or two to scan the 391 films, and they all show (as far as I can tell at the moment) perfectly, and the TV shows are quite correctly not there, but again quite correctly, can still be accessed by opting for ‘Network Shares’.

I will have finished copying everything over to the NAS in a day or two (currently just a few TV programmes & series left), but up to now it’s working exactly as I’d like.

Well done to WD for a piece of kit which performs far better than it’s modest price tag would suggest.

Steve W

ps. Can we have dts-MA now, please?

SW

JPEG picture show seems to be broken in this firmware.

Old firmware, I could see my thumbnails and view my images fine.

In this firmware I can see the thumbnails, but when I try to view the images I get an error that says ‘Unable to play the selected file.  Please see the User Manual for a list of supported file formas’.

All images are standard JPEG, exported from either Lightroom or Photoshop (I’m a full time photographer).

Weird that I can see the thumnails just fine, but the box won’t load/display the images when I click “OK” and try to view them.

The current state is I cannot view any of my many years worth of familiy photos.

Just a thought … does the shared folder that has my family photos (is a Win 7 PC) have to be setup as a read/write share like the movies?  It is read only at the moment.

Thanks!

Pecker wrote:

Hope you don’t mind me asking - what MKVs do you have with a bitrate higher that 35mbps?

Avatar and Star Trek 2009 for example.