New Release - Firmware Version 1.02.06 for My Book World Edition I & II (1/4/2011)

nevermind… I was looking in the wrong place

Dear WD support, this doesn’t work.  :cry:

Your Update check fails. I have tried over hundred of times on the last few days.

Can you please give me a link where to download it manually or please send the the monster huge file to my email, thank you.

This is 

The link : http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=118&sid=130&lang=en

to do a manual install.

Once saved and unzipped, I think you have to rename the file to pull it into the update process. Another posy on here somewhere relating to that which I can not locate right now.

Hi I have the exactly problem of you!!! Can you please explain me how you fix the problem???

Thanks a lot

Hi, after update my Sony DLNA TV’s do not see 70% of films that were normally played before with old Firmware. Mionet does not start. Maybe someone has solution?

DLNA devices like TV can not reproduce any kind of video streaming format and World Book is too weak to convert say mkv file to mpeg, that is required by TV in real time. I experienced with Synology. Much better  web interface but same **bleep** with DLNA compatibility. I am very sad since new firmware for DLNA works even not so good as previous one.

Hi, I have the same issue with my “WD My Book World Edition ll” and my Sony TV after the firmware upgrade to 1.02.06. I would say it is nearly 90% that I can’t play anymore. I have searched for a solution for a while, but haven’t found one. Did you find any solution ?

To Bill_s or other WD guy,

Hi,

As in all previous TWOKY versions, when viewing on WDTV, if a file or a folder have a JPG image file with the same filename or folder.jpg, the file won’t appear.

Twoky support team told me that is issue is up to the NAS munufacturer, WD in this case.

In your next firmware please make Twonki show JPG as well.
Thank you!

Jacob wrote:

To Bill_s or other WD guy,

Hi,

As in all previous TWOKY versions, when viewing on WDTV, if a file or a folder have a JPG image file with the same filename or folder.jpg, the file won’t appear.

Twoky support team told me that is issue is up to the NAS munufacturer, WD in this case.

In your next firmware please make Twonki show JPG as well.
Thank you!

Twonky should be showing your JPG’s.  JPG’s are the first standard for any media server to serve up pictures.  There are probably a couple of reasons why it’s not working for you:

1.  Do you have the pictures in the Shared Picture Folder on the My Book World?  If not, then they won’t show up when you attempt to use Twonky. 

2.  Do you have media servers turned on in the WD TV?  Twonky won’t work if you don’t.

bill_s wrote> Twonky should be showing your JPG’s.  JPG’s are the first standard for any media server to serve up pictures.  There are probably a couple of reasons why it’s not working for you:

1.  Do you have the pictures in the Shared Picture Folder on the My Book World?  If not, then they won’t show up when you attempt to use Twonky. 

2.  Do you have media servers turned on in the WD TV?  Twonky won’t work if you don’t.

Hello Bill_s, thank you for your reply.

I think there was a misunderstanding, i never wrote that TWONKY doesn’t show JPG images. It does.
What I ment is when in VIDEO mode, when browsering video library in ‘Media Server’, i see all files and folders but the folders and files are black rectangles, they have no images.

I have a moviename.jpg and folder.jpg for any movie and folder.

Just to make myself clear, when in VIDEO mode, when browsering video library in ‘Network Shares’, all JPG icons appear.
Also when in VIDEO mode, when browsering video library in ‘Media Server’ and choose Windows 7, each movie shows the first frame of that movie.

Can it be fixed?

This was my worst purchase ever. At least I managed to tell it to enough people through blogs.

metRo_ wrote:
This was my worst purchase ever. At least I managed to tell it to enough people through blogs.

Hey man,

I’m sorry you feel like that.

There are good NAS products are there but MyBook is not a bad one.

My Mybook 1.5TB also made my life a **bleep** until I replaced it and it all worked out. it’s great.
Perhaps you should do the same.

One more thing I noticed that is faulty when it comes to subtitles is that when watching a movie, if there are SRT subtitles or SUB subtitles, the movie (on wdtv live) doesn’t see them.

In Network Shares all subtitles are present during the movie.

Another Twonky Issue?

I can’t find direct link to new Firmware :frowning:

Date of my FW v.1.02.06 early than 1/4/2011 :frowning:

+100

HI, there are no direct links.

You can only update it through WD User Interface of your NAS.

Sa64ka, If you wish to update the firmware of your device, please visit the link below for instructions:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3304/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNDAwMjU1Ny9zaWQvZXBpKipDc2s%3D

Hi all,

I have a My Book WE 2TB, I don’t know my actual firmware.

I use this NAS with my PS3, it works fine, i just need to convert .mkv in .avi file with the program MKV2VOB because PS3 can’t play.mkv.

I have a question:

when I browse the folder with my PS3, all the video files have the same icon (a gray rectangle with a frame), I would like to use the poster of the movie as a thumbnail, how can I obtain this?

Thanks