New Release - Firmware Version 1.02.04 for My Book World Edition I & II (8/16/10)

Same problem with MKV files. is there a simple way to go back to the previous firm? Any official response from WD about fixin it soon?

No way I’m going to upgrade to this firmware thanks to this post. I hope WD fix this soon in another firmware.

it will take months to release new firmware…

good luck

1 Like

Hallo

Ich hab jetzt Twonky 6.01RC9 installiert, läuft super.

meteorman

Made the mistake of update firmware without checking other threads and now my 1TB WD  is stuck in infinite reboot loop at the startup. Any suggestions as downgrading firmware doesn’t seem to be an option here. 

Sending the disk for RMA is not an option - so I’m thinking of extracting the disk from case and mounting it on a SATA to USB station??

WD people - you need to STOP distributing this firmware asap.

@meteorman: Warum schreibst Du nicht in Englisch wie jeder andere hier im Forum?

If you want to leave some useful information then please post in English and give a hint (link?) how to update the twonky server manually.

Thanks, wonderl

I agree that the latest version 6.0.1 version of Twonky should be included in the firmware update!  My new DLNA-enabled TV has the classic problem reported on other newgroups about seeing all the drives/directories  on the NAS but no files!! This has been solved in Twonky 6.x.  Why leave us with an old unsupported version?  Please put this in  WD ?

If you can mount it in a SATA/USB external rack, then do it, plug the USB in a linux machine, mount the first partition and delete the /tmp/active_upgrade file.

That will solve the reboot loop and you’ll get your NAS back.

Thanks - yes I’ll have to buy the SATA/USB adapter station.

I’m kicking myself for not following my own rule - never install a new update/firmware <1 month, without finding out if there are any angry posts about it. Guess I’m on the other side for a change.

Mods - can you please escalate this issue to your  contact inside WD before more disks turn braindead.

WD tech support staff is  clueless.

Also handing back the units for RMA is not an option for any data security conscious user (handing your data on a platter - sorry for the bad pun :slight_smile: .  so please change your replacement policy to accomodate users who can provide a valid serial/outer case.

Meteorman wrote:

Hallo

Ich hab jetzt Twonky 6.01RC9 installiert, läuft super.

meteorman

Translation: “I have now installed 6.01RC9, it works superb.”

How did you do it.? I still can not watch my MKVs and there is no response from WD. Over the weekend I was already looking for new NAS.

Br, B

Since the new firmware-update, MBWE doesn’t go to standby-mode. :frowning:

why did you upgrade?

1 Like

WD should remove that firmware so nobody else do the upgrade to damnation.

1 Like

They were informed about the problems 3 weeks ago and they are doing nothing

1 Like

It looks like they (WD) did exactly the same mess with WD ShareSpace firmware.

At least they already pulled it out (the ShareSpace one) so nobody can download it…

Does anybody here have an idea when it’s gonna be fixed?

We are working on implementing another version of Twonky which will fix the issue with the missing MKV files.  This is being worked on along with the recently surfaced issue with iTunes server no longer working with iTunes 10 that was released last Wednesday.

We are aggressively working on getting solutions implemented as quick as possible.

2 Likes

Finally an official word on this issue. Nice to know you are working on it. Thanks for the info.

When you release a new firmware?

Thanks

2 Likes

they release it when it is done…

and stop complaining about the firmware,  if you dont like it,  dont upgrade 

Hi - m drive will not boot at all after doing the firmware upgrade

I got an ‘upgrade successful - rebooting’ message

and now the drive is hung - I cannot reach it over the network

are you working on a fix for this as well?

Thanks in advance for your help