New Release - Firmware Version 02.03.01-024 for My Book Live (10/25/11)

Oh by the way, the error when I try to access my dashboard has changed (see below).

Also my PS3 now says (not literally, I translated it from Dutch): “Mediaserver error: A DLNA protocol error (2101) occured”

Dashboard error:

Warning : require(cake/basics.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Input/output error in /var/www/UI/index.php on line 52

Fatal error : require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘cake/basics.php’ (include_path=‘.:/var/www/Admin/webapp/includes/:/var/www/Admin/webapp/classes/api/:/var/www/Admin/webapp/lib/pear/includes/:/var/www/UI:/var/www/UI/app/’) in /var/www/UI/index.php on line 52

You need to send the MyBook Live back to W.D.

Had a look (ONLY LOOK!) at /var/www/UI/cake/config/paths.php and it’s quite critical for every single part of the Dashboard to work. Without it all the other PHP scripts don’t know the right paths to all the needed files and directories.

Have you been messing within Linux via SSH access?

There’s a procedure here somewhere called a “Rescue” or something like that which re-installs the basic firmware from a package that is kept safe on the internal drive.

Might try that.

No. I didn’t even enable SSH access, could have helped me now.

I was at work and received an e-mail that the MBL automatically updated. After that, the trouble began.

At first I could access the dashboard. There the status bar didn’t show the music usage, movies usage, etc. For that I rebooted it manually and everything was okay.

Next step: when I watched a movie on my PS3, the movie kept freezing up. For that I pulled the power supply, waited a few seconds and put it back in. Done this a several times.

When the movies continued freezing up, I tried to access the dashboard again. Now sometimes it isn’t accessable (404), or shows me these error messages.

I hope there is an option for me to manually fix this. I cannot send it back (yet), because my data is too large for any other device I own :stuck_out_tongue:

I honestly can’t think of how this can be fixed without SSH access unless anyone else on here knows how this issue can be fixed without cracking open the case and attaching the drive to a computer?

Due to the new firmware release, this thread is now closed.