New My Cloud Home does not start / initialize

All the Knowledge Base instruction on this asks the user to connect to a working internet and wait. …If the firmware does not update, connect the My Cloud Home to a different network.

Resolution

1. Ensure the My Cloud Home device is connected to a network router with an active internet conneciton.

2. Reboot the My Cloud Home to trigger an Over The Air (OTA) firmware update process.
    The firmware update should occur within the next 24 hours.

When the firmware update occurs, the My Cloud Home an email and mobile app firmware update notification will be sent.
If the firmware does not update, connect the My Cloud Home to a different network.

and not to keep resetting the update process

IMPORTANT:

• Automatic firmware updates are enabled on the My Cloud Home and cannot be disabled
  • Firmware updates are provided Over The Air (OTA) when a new update is available
  • The Upgrade process cannot be delayed, paused, stopped, halted or reversed
  • Access to content and data on the My Cloud Home will not be possible during the Upgrade process
  • Please wait for the upgrade to complete
  • Do not reboot, reset, or power off
  • Do not pin reset or “System Erase”
  • Do not demote the “Device Owner”

All the forum discussions on this says to wait (sometimes 7 days or more)

Michailmikhail1985

Jul '22

If everything is configured correctly and the port is available, then in the logs where errors are found in the wdc folder, the ota line should display the message timeout of the waiting time has passed type … Then leave it without touching it for a couple of days and it will update … If there are errors in the ota line, then the update will not pass, the port or address error will be written …this is all in the logs