New Iphone App: WD 2go

Hi! I just found a new WD app for iphone just got release today.

I would like to know if it compatible with My Book World Edition or if it sadly only
work with My Book Live?

Thanks

I, too just encountered this app, purely by accident: yesterday I hooked up a MyBook Live 3TB NAS and today I noticed the box said something about ā€œuse with WD appsā€ (!).

I loaded the app, but two things:

1. I donā€™t seem to have the ability to turn on Remote Access as shown in the WD 2go help screens ā€“ is there an update in the works? and

2. Is this going to work if I have 2 MyBook Live NAS units on the same network? (which I do)

Thanks! Iā€™m looking forward to seeing this in action ā€¦ hopefully soon.

Craig8128

WD 2go (which is available for both iOS and Android devices) is only compatible with your My Book Live.Ā  There will be a new firmware release which enables compatibility with WD 2go, so youā€™re halfway there!

You can definitely use it even with two My Book Lives even wehn theyā€™re on the same network.Ā  After the next firmware update you might even find another nice feature for having two My Book Lives on the same network.

1 Like

Hi! I just found a new app for Android WD just received the release today.
I would like to know if it is compatible with My Book World Edition
Thanks

Nathan, you tease! :slight_smile:

No, seriously, thatā€™s really great to hear ā€“ Iā€™ve got a MBL 2TB and an MBL 3TB on my home network.

Can you give us a hint as to when the firmware upgrade might appear? A few days? A couple of weeks? A month or so?

(when it comes to firmware updates, I really donā€™t mind waiting ā€“ just kinda curious when the fireworks will start).

Thanks!

Craig8128

Sure, Iā€™ve been using it for about three or four weeksā€¦ oh, thatā€™s not what you meant?Ā  ;)Ā  (Donā€™t be jealousā€“Iā€™ve been tracking development updates in my spare time and thatā€™s a lot more work than the final, polished release.)

Some of the engineers on the forum have been saying ā€œthis weekā€ since Monday, and I think Iā€™m safe sticking with that.

1 Like

I would like to know if it is compatible with My Book World Edition?
I hope so
Thanks

Woo-hoo! Again, thanks! Iā€™m a developer, too, so I wonā€™t like go ballistic if thereā€™s a last-minute delay (I know all too well what thatā€™s like). But Iā€™m psyched that the answer sounds a lot like ā€œsoonā€!

Craig8128

Franklin3891, as I said earlier, it is only compatible with the My Book Live.

craig8128ļ»æ, I think the update will be worth waiting for.Ā  I was excited to get to play with it early (even if I couldnā€™t get the phone apps to work until this week, heh).

1 Like

I have to buy my book live to use this app? because it is not compatible?

Correct.Ā  The My Book World series of drives is not compatible with WD 2go.

(Itā€™s worth noting here that a My Book Live with firmware 1.05.07 or lower is also not comptible with WD 2go.)

The real question isā€¦ will it gonna be compatible with My book World Edition in the futur?

it would be great and probably resolve all my probleme to acces my file with my iphone.

This app will only work with the My Book Live. We had to tear out the guts of the drive and re-engineering all the remote access code. No way to backport this to older product.

A real shame, I bought the WD World Edition II thinking it was a top of the line product (better than the Live product), and with the intention of having ā€˜cloudā€™ access to all of my files, not just photos.

1 Like

Yeah it the same for me ā€¦ Why keep selling product that not going to have further upgrade
it frustrating considering that my World edition was brought in the last
yearā€¦

1 Like