New hdd in ex4100

Hello all.

I have setup my ex4100 to RAID volume spanning. I want to add another hdd to the setup but when I inserted the new hdd into the ex4100, the drive led is solid red but in the storage part of the desktop menu it says the status is good. But I can’t see any way of adding the new hdd to the existing setup without wiping all of the current data on the existing hdds by setting up New RAID configuration.

Please help!

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

I don’t believe there is a way to do it without loosing your data, however i recommend contacting WD Support for further assistance on this matter:
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp?lang=en%22

Laverticus wrote:

Hello all.

I have setup my ex4100 to RAID volume spanning. I want to add another hdd to the setup but when I inserted the new hdd into the ex4100, the drive led is solid red but in the storage part of the desktop menu it says the status is good. But I can’t see any way of adding the new hdd to the existing setup without wiping all of the current data on the existing hdds by setting up New RAID configuration.

Please help!

You should be able to setup JBOD on your new drive.  You will not loose your data as when you setup the new volumes,  make sure to select Disk 3.  If you put your new hard drive in to slot 3.  Hope that help.