New Firmware?

And one more, “no sleep” issue in my opinion caused by lots of errors in user.log entered by restsdk-serverd process seems to stop when you turn on cloud access or when you  cd to /ec/rc2.d and sh S20restsdk-serverd stop (suggested by RAC)

One thing to keep in mind is that right after the firmware update the device is designed to re-crawl all the files in order to index them.  Depending on how many files that may take a while, as in a day or more.  Once the device has indexed all the files, the device should go into sleep mode as before.

One could ask why does it have to reindex the files?  If no changes were made to the database why do you have to reindex?

Secondly once reindexing is done the system will still not sleep under some conditions.

RAC

Prior to the Firmware-308 upgrade my system had been running smooth for over a year. “Yes I know should have not upgraded” Shame on me I know better. Since upgrading to the new firmware my videos and music shares no longer play properly. The videos start to play then lock up. The audio files play pause play and skip. I did not have this problem until the upgrade. After the upgrade I allowed the indexing to complete before attempting to use the device. Hardware WD Cloud 3TB Firmware v04.04.00-308 Router - Custom designed linux router Serving various linux media players Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Serving various linux media players

Media server or file server? I.e. are you using UPnP/DLNA or SMB to access media?

How do you know that your drive is asleep? Blinking blue light? Mine is never blinking.

Yes, the blue ligt blinks (fades in and out) - if the drive sleeps you can also hear that the hdd is not spinning.

My drive doesn’t sleep at all now. I used some commands with SSH and it started sleeping but again stopped now. No idea what to do about it. Performance is really slow now too.

If you look at the /var/log/user.log file you may see error about a missing file /tmp/dynamicconfig.ini
This is caused by the process restsdk-serverd. This can be eliminated by stopping the processes. /etc/rc2.d/S20restsdk_serverd stop
If you also do the following
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime /dev/root /
These two things should allow the My Cloud to start sleeping.

RAC

1 Like

Instant fix for slow and lagging dashboards and my clouds.

Via SSH type the following two commands.

service wdphotodbmergerd stop
service wdmcserverd stop

Now refresh the browser or try accessing your NAS and you shouldn’t have any performance issues.

NOTE: This method will need to be performed after every reboot.