New firmware with more fonts for wd tv live

HELLO. COULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO MAKE A NEW FIRMWARE WHICH WILL INCLUDE MORE FONTS FOR EXTERNAL (.srt) SUBTITLES?

FOR EXAMPLE, THE CURRENT SUBTITLE FONT IS A LITTLE BIT TRANSPARENT AND EVEN WHEN “THICK” BORDER IS SELECTED, THE TRANSPARENCY REMAINS THE SAME. I BELIEVE THAT IT WOULD PLEASE MANY FANS OF THIS MODEL TO ADD A FONT LIKE “ARIAL OR VERDANA, BOLD” IN THE SUBTITLES MENU.

ALSO I BELIEVE THAT THE VERTICAL GAP IN A TWO LINE EXTERNAL SUBTITLE IS VERY BIG. IT WOULD BE NICE TO REDUCE THIS VERTICAL GAP WITH A NEW FIRMWARE.

ONE LAST THING. I KNOW THAT WD TV LIVE CAN SUPPORT  **bleep**  SUBTITLES. ON THE OTHER HAND, AN  **bleep** SUB (FOR EXAMPLE, A SOFTCODED **bleep** SUBTITLE IN AN .mkv  CONTAINER) MAY CONTAIN  NOT ONLY WHITE COLOR SUBS BUT  SUBS OF DIFFERENT COLOURS, DIFFERENT POSITIONS FOR SPECIFIC LINES THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SUBTITLE FILE AND ALSO MANY KARAOKE AND VISUAL EFFECTS. ALL THE ABOVE ARE MOSTLY SEEN IN  ANIME VIDEOS.  THE CURRENT FIRMWARE VERSION FOR WD TV LIVE DOES NOT SUPPORT  THESE EFFECTS, YOU CAN ONLY SEE PLAIN WHITE TEXT AND NOTHING MORE. NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL A CHALLENGE!    

THANKS IN ADVANCE. I REALLY WAIT FOR OTHER PEOPLE’S THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS MATTER.

1 Like

Your post sounds more like an idea or a Feature Request; the best place for this is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there is no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live & Live Plus Ideas:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Live-Plus-Ideas/idb-p/idea

Sounds good!!! I mean, when I’m watching Bleach or Naruto episodes on my media player there are times when the words like weird because of the Japanese fonts used.

I’ll vote on it ^^