New Firmware Update

the only thing that comes to mind with this “new” firmware is how to spell the word pointless, do i spell it with one “s” or two… What’s in this update? Release 3.03.16 (4/4/2012) Resolved MLB.TV season 2012 live game playback problem. Resolved MLB.TV jump to inning takes 15-20 seconds, freezes video and remote response. Resolved MLB.TV Miami Marlins missing team icon. That’s kind of a slap in the face.

DeVicious wrote:
the only thing that comes to mind with this “new” firmware is how to spell the word pointless, do i spell it with one “s” or two… What’s in this update? Release 3.03.16 (4/4/2012) Resolved MLB.TV season 2012 live game playback problem. Resolved MLB.TV jump to inning takes 15-20 seconds, freezes video and remote response. Resolved MLB.TV Miami Marlins missing team icon. That’s kind of a slap in the face.

but the important thing is, what has it broken now… lol

I had a bad feeling this was going to happen. They have to make sure the cash cow keep bringing the dough.

I’ve been waiting months for a firmware update that would add Netflix and BBC i player but it still hasn’t arrived. Lot’s of apps that can only be used in the States is no good to me. Time to get an alternative media player. :manmad:

Trevor_UK wrote:

I’ve been waiting months for a firmware update that would add Netflix and BBC i player but it still hasn’t arrived. Lot’s of apps that can only be used in the States is no good to me. Time to get an alternative media player. :manmad:

get a VPN (4,99 USD - 9,99 USD) per months

The fact that WD never listen to its users, and it seems to be doing well at losing customers with every firmware update… which does seem to be the wrong word to use… the cambridge dictionary defines update as " to make something more modern or suitable for use now by adding new information or changing its design"  WD dictionary defines update as " to do nothing eccept add numbers to the version. to attempt to fix something, and break twice as much doing so. This did annoy me, but got rid of mine after the last attempted update, and vowed never to buy another one of there products again.

we do have one at work. after 6 months, thats already playing up… WD = Wasted Dollars … or from the UK… Wasted Dosh.