New firmware DTS HD-MA issue

ndjamena,

KAD79 has pretty much summed it up.

I am aware this thread is talking about DTS-MA HD audio. When I first started ripping my Blurays a while back I was having problems with the Dolby TrueHD audio tracks not working, it took a bit of searching before I found out it was becuase I was not using the correct file container for the WD (I too was trying MKV). I just wanted to mention it because everone here was talking about MKV files not working.

I didn’t realize my information was so outdated.  :flushed:

@SLPopp

This is not general issue for DTS HD-MA stream not working in MKV files as DTS HD-MA with core of DTS 5.1 (say most of DTS HD-MA 5.1 and 7.1 streams) works fine in MKV files. Please review whole topic.

Furthermore, I’ve never encountered any problems with Dolby TrueHD in MKV files.

Unless I’m mistaken DTS-ES is just DTS with extra channels, please correct me if I’m wrong, which means ALL DTS-MA 5.1 streams should work fine.  That’s assuming DTS-ES cores are the problem and we can’t know that unless we find a 7.1 with an ES core or a 6.1 with a DTS core or unless WD deems to inform us if that’s the case.

Yes, that’s right.

I’ve already reported this issue: CLICK HERE and its status is IN REVIEW.

Edit:

Regarding DTS-ES, there are 2 variants:

DTS-ES Matrix 5.1 (center surround channel is matrixed to left/righ surround channels)

DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 (center surround channel is discretely recorded)

I’ve posted a MediaInfo Ticket and they’re looking into displaying DTS-ES cores in DTS-MA.

https://sourceforge.net/p/mediainfo/feature-requests/425/

hello all, 

i’m a french user so sorry for my english :smiley:

I have a probleme with the lastest FW . My receiver is no compatible with HD sound (DTS-MA …) just DTS and DD

When i play a mkv with DTS-MA soundtrack , the WDTV live doesn’t play the DTS core just the DTS-MA so i have no sound ! my option sound is on HDMI passthrough ( juste DTS and DD enable) , i connect the hdmi cable to my TV and my TV to my receiver with optical cable. 

with the FW 1.16 the DTS core work on my receiver. If i plug my HDD to my TV and i play this mkv file i have sound it’s work on my receiver.

so i have rollback my FW in 1.16.

have you a idea for forced the DTS core with the FW 2.01.86?

As far as I’m concerned with your issue, this has already been reported to WD to fix it by adding an option to force using core DTS from DTS HD-MA tracks in case of using A/Vs which has no support for HD tracks.

I might not be right, but currently there is no sollution for you unless you re-encode your media files (most re-encoding software has option to save DTS core only out of DTS HD tracks; mkvtoolnix, tsmuxer)