New firmware 2.05.08 made screen all pinkish colored!

This most certainly ruined my night tonight!!! how do i fix it or undo the firmware?

Yeah, same issue now in ALL Live products… (*scowl*)

But it only seems to affect certain TVs or recievers.

buzzgoodnow wrote:

This most certainly ruined my night tonight!!! how do i fix it or undo the firmware?

Download from here and follow the instructions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

yeah bit of a pain in the neck…hopefully next update will fix what that one causes…i’ll stick with 2.04.13 or whatever it is i have for now

since that update and then rolling back i know have random problems with it…everynow and then that pinkish color will return upon startup on the previous firmware…causing me to reload everything…also losing my media content info very often and once i couldn’t find the wd tv live hub internal drive storage…only movies available were the one on favorites…but strangely enough music was easily found…hope they fix this stuff and have a new firmware soon cause this thing went from the most awesome thing to a possible beverage coaster really quick all with one upgrade

Just spit-balling but seems like I read someone (or multiple) mentioning the loss of 12bit in this latest update. Maybe that combined with certain tv’s still configured (or expecting) it is the cause. Total guess.

IronSpine wrote:

Just spit-balling but seems like I read someone (or multiple) mentioning the loss of 12bit in this latest update. Maybe that combined with certain tv’s still configured (or expecting) it is the cause. Total guess.

If anything I believe that 12 bit has been fixed in the later updates. You only lose it when you choose auto-frame.

buzzgoodnow wrote:

What TV make and model did this happen with?

I had/have the same problem! You have to go to setup and audio/video and the change the video output to 1080p 60 mhz or something higher then you got!

The it will ask whether you will auto change your setting, type yes and the screen will get right again! This you have to do everytime you turn on your WD TV, so fix it please :wink:

/BBergmann

Some issues are resolved by UNPLUGGING the device (don’t know about this issue).