New drive corrupted on delivery

I just got delivery of a new 1tb my passport ultra. First time i connected I got an unreadable error message saying the drive is corrupted. Ino software launched etc. 1st time dealing with WD unsure how to proceed to return it. I I logged a case but heard nothing yet.

Hi, you can click on the link below for information on how to replace the unit.

1 Like

Thanks for that - yes I have done that and seem to be going around in circles with them
14 days for delivery plus best part of a week trying to figure out what to do next - the 30 days will be up soon - First time dealing with WD and their Carrier UPS and both have been a nightmare.

I just want to return it - it was sold as faulty surely that cant be too hard for them. Thank you for trying to help I wasnt sure if I had done the right thing online.

Good luck with this dog and pony show. You will run around from page to page trying to get a shipping label to return the product. The reason they give you 30 days on an RMA# is because it will take that long just to get everything lined up and sent back. Somebody needs to look at this setup and make it a little more user friendly.