New Computer Cannot Access Old Data

I stored a ton of data on my WD My Cloud.  Then I replaced my computer with a new one.  Now the My Cloud refuses to allow my new computer to access the data that was stored by my old computer.  Please help me to convince the My Cloud otherwise.  The name of the old computer was Jim-PC and the name of the new computer is Jimmy-PC.  Is this the reason for the problem?

I forgot to add this information which shouldn’t matter.  The old computer was running Windows 7 professional.  The new computer is running Windows 10 build 9926.

Don’t know how you bought a new computer that has Windows 10 on it but, have you given the computer access?

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

is this PC on the LAN with the mycloud? or remote access? if it is on the LAN there is nothing to set in the mycloud

however there is a windows 10 registry entry that needs to be changed, I forget the details but a search in this forum like 10 registry or windows 10 should find it

Don’t know how you bought a new computer that has Windows 10 on it

Widespread beta test programme, I think:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-iso

I am well aware of the Windows 10 Beta that a person can download for their computer. I have read several articles about Windows 10 and understand that the Beta has limited functions at this time. I also keep up with the Windows blogs.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

I can’t see any computer company selling computers at this time with Windows 10 on them.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

larryg0 wrote:

is this PC on the LAN with the mycloud? or remote access? if it is on the LAN there is nothing to set in the mycloud

however there is a windows 10 registry entry that needs to be changed, I forget the details but a search in this forum like 10 registry or windows 10 should find it

Use RegEdit

1. Create a Dword called ‘AllowInsecureGuestAuth’ in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

2. Set the new value to 1

3. Then close Regedit and Reboot

I can’t see any computer company selling computers at this time with Windows 10 on them

Where did he say say he’d bought it with Windows 10 already installed…?

Reply to: cpt_paranoia,

For me, it was implied in his second post.

In his first post he says, “Then I replaced my computer with a new one.”

His second post says, “The new computer is running Windows 10 build 9926.”

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)