New 2.0

Android lg lucid phone
have pro and new 2.0 wd.2 go

both programs connect sometime and dont sometimes
network failure 905

Router ports fowarded correctly…tried new access codes

what else.can i try

Have not seen this error before.  Check if there is a firewall enabled in your router, and try disabling it.  If you are using a MBL or MBD try rebuilding the WD2 Go Server.

If they’re connecting sometimes and not others and you get error 905, it’s generally due to a networking issue on the phone. Try switching 3/4g off or WiFi off, whichever you aren’t using. 

I have the same issue and it can’t be the phone - I can’t connect to the drive through my PC (wd2go.com) either…

I was copying the files through wd2go.com and then the network drive became missing. Then the wd2go started giving me the “the network name cannot be found” error and my phone the “network connection failure (905)” error".

Hi,

Just to be sure there are no n/w related issues, can you please restart your Router and MBL, and try accessing agian from WD 2go and WD Photos apps?

Thanks,

–Satya

Have you factored out other users on the home network saturating your upstream pipe?

I went on vacation and left a pc running that was using 85% of my upstream capacity and my connection to my MBD from a decent DSL line in a vacation house was spotty.  

Made sure all was quiet on the network prior to the next vacation and the connection to MBD was solid and bandwidth was 98% of my upstream pipe.

Just another thing to check off the list.

If you really want to make it fun to trouble shoot,  Set your phone as a hotspot and the connect to your MBL MBD from a tethered tablet…

Good luck.

Ara Carrano