Network settings

I have router connected to mode. And on that modem I have my WD Cloud.
But on that router I also have connected another router.

What settings do I need to use now, to be able to upload files from iPhone connected on router 2, via lan. Right now when I connect to router 2 and try to upload something, it will go via WAN and modem, so trnasfer speeds will be slow.
But I would like it to recognise that wd mycloud is just one hop away on another router.

What settings do I need to use?

My Router1 IP: 192.168.0.0
My Cloud IP: 192.168.0.100
My Router2 IP: 192.168.2.0
My iPhone IP: 192.168.2.37

I remember that I should do something with port forwarding or something like this, but not sure on which router I need to do configuration and what IPs I should use.

Any ideas?

It is not clear how you have configured your network. Typically one connects a My Cloud to a “router” or “switch” not to a “modem”. Only time one would connect their My Cloud to a “modem” is when that “modem” is actually a router/modem combination device.

What is the purpose of using a second router? Generally adding a second router with the intention of creating a second IP subnet on a local network will require configuring the second router to properly pass data through the second router’s firewall. Not all router’s can be properly configured to pass data through its firewall.

If you do not need to have a second separate IP address subnet on the local network then simply access the second router’s administration screen and disable the second router’s DHCP server. Then connect the first router to the second router’s networking port not the second router’s WAN or Internet port. this basically turns the second router into another access point or basic network switch.

MyCloud is connected to router1.
We can ignore modem in my case because there isn’t any device directly conencted to it, except that Router1.
I’m using 2nd router, because single router can’t cover entire house with wifi signal, so there is 30m of cable from router 1 to router 2.

Will try to disable DHCP on 2nd router, but first I will save settings :slight_smile: Will let you know tommorow if it works.