Network do not see mycloud

Hello.

I had the mycloud for many years, I use to see it in my computer under network, then sudendly it disapeared. I tried the 4 second reset and my network do not see the “MY CLOUD”.

I am running windows 11. I type wdmycloud in the taskbar and it says it cannot see it. I got tired and tried the 40 second reset and it still wont see it. I restarted the network router many times and no go. I was about to give up and trow the thing in the garbage and decided to try to get help here.

Before the 40 second reset I was able to access the dashboard and acess the files trough the apps But I was not able to transfer files from my compueter on my home network. Now I cant even acces the dashboard and my log in trough the apps is not valid anymore.

I apreciate all of the help I can get.

Thanks

What specific My Cloud device do you have? What color is the front LED if the single bay/single drive My Cloud? Can you access the My Cloud by it’s IP address in a web browser? Check your router’s administration interface to see what IP address it is handing out to the My Cloud. Do you have another computer (or mobile device) on the same local network that you can check to see if it can access the My Cloud?

@dnldmrtn01
Have you tried this; it should work for Windows 11 too.
Get My Cloud to show in Windows 10 File Explorer Network - My Cloud OS 3 Personal Cloud Storage / My Cloud - WD Community

Hello and thanks for your reply, I was able to get back access to the My cloud but the content is in indexing mode ( seems to be taking forever) I will wait until tomorrow and see if I can see the files. I cannot still see the My cloud in my network folder on my laptop. I tried the SMb setup but still no go. I was able to re instal the app on my phone but again the rong (please wait icon) is going around and around. Will try again later. If you have any other idea as to be able to see the MY Cloud in my network folder I would appreciate it. I cannot access the dashboard. But I can see the WD my cloud in the network , when I go to my router

thanks

the light is solid blue in front og the My cloud

Indexing may be the cause. Its a problem many have faced. One can choose to wait it out for how ever long it takes to finish or if one can access the My Cloud Dashboard one can temporarily turn off Cloud Access/Remote Access and the Twonky DLNA media server and see if they can regain local network access to their device.

My Cloud OS 5 Cloud Access Content Indexing FAQ
Best Practice for My Cloud OS 5 Cloud Access and Indexing
My Cloud OS 5: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.x and 10 Support & Connection Issues

Indexing is a function of the model, and the size of the drives.

If it’s a MyCloud mirror. . .with large drives. . . indexing could take a week or two.
If it’s a EX2 with 2TB drives. . . .could be a day.
If it’s one of the 4drive models that tries to transcode everything. . .could take a week.
If it’s a single bay MyCloud Gen2. . . . .well. . .it’s gonna take a very long time.

I have giving up on this thing. it will be going to the recycling. I have had nothing but problem since the day I got it. i am giving up. You won Mycloud.