Network connection not working, despite network connection check passing

I’m trying to set up Netflix on my WD TV Live Hub. I haven’t used internet on it before, so I’m first trying to set that up. I connected it to my ethernet device with an ethernet cord. There is an ethernet 1 and 2 output - the 1 is already taken, so I plugged it into the 2. It seems to be working - the green light in front of both ethernet 1 and 2 on the front of the device are lit up.

When I use the automatic network setup, everything seems to be working. I also tried to check the connection and it says “Network connection check passed”. However, it still doesn’t seem to be working properly. I try to connect to Netflix, and I get a message saying “Sorry, this device cannot be activated”. It won’t give me an activation code or anything. Then, I see an option to update my firmware. My current version is 2.03.24 and the new version is 2.08.13. When I try to upgrade, I get a message saying “New firmware download failed due to incomplete firmware download. Please check your network connection and try again”.

It seems to be a network connection problem, but when I check the connection it says it is fine! I am just not sure what is going on. Is it something to do with my ethernet? My WD TV device? I am not very smart with these things. Any help would be very much appreciated!

The error message in question is not related to a connectivity issue. The device is unfortunately no longer supported by Netflix since the unit’s version of the app is no longer compatible with Netflix’s protocols.

So even if I were to update to the new 2.08.13 version, it still wouldn’t work with Netflix?

I know the box is quite old so I thought that might possibly be why it’s not working…

Correct.