Network adapter no longer working

The network adapter on my My Book Live (blue light) 1TB has seemed to fail.

The lights on the adapter no longer come on and I cannot connect to my drive.

Anyone know of anything I can do to access my files?

I have a lot of information on this drive.

Thanks,

Ryan

Disamble HD and connect it on a SATA port.

I did that. The computer doesn’t recognize the hard drive because if I am not mistaken, they are formatted for linux and the circuit board they are connected too in the case sets up an SMB share through the network.

I guess I could boot into a linux distro and copy everything down somewhere else.

Anybody know if I can get a replacement board from WD?

I have the exact same issue.  I have taken the HD out of the case and plugged it into a SATA Hot Swap Dock and none of the computers I have can read it.  The MACs give me an error stating that they can not read the drive.  The PCs are able to see the dock as a USB storage device, but does not show any data.  This drive contains our companies’ accounting files, so I REALLY need to recover this drive.

OJA101 wrote:

I have the exact same issue.  I have taken the HD out of the case and plugged it into a SATA Hot Swap Dock and none of the computers I have can read it.  The MACs give me an error stating that they can not read the drive.  The PCs are able to see the dock as a USB storage device, but does not show any data.  This drive contains our companies’ accounting files, so I REALLY need to recover this drive.

The file system of the drive is EXT3, so unless you run Linux or install a program to enable EXT3 recognition on Windows/Macintosh, you won’t see it.