Netflix

I am in Canada.  I got the TV Live box going, (with some considerable difficulty) and things went well for about 1 week, at which time the Firmware updated itself, (about a week ago).  This was the beginning of  the Netflix losing its credentials.  I have gone through a series of maneuvres with 5 successive level 1 support staff, and 3 successive level 2 techs, (who tell me that they have not heard of this issue before, despite it very obviously being a known issue, judging by this thread.)  Netflix decides at random intervals that it does not know me, and needs me to sign in again.  If I do so, it will run for anywhere between 12 hours and 3 days before again saying it  does not know me.  To date we have 1) done a complete reboot and reinstall of network etc.  2) rolled back the firmware from ~.19 to ~.17.  If it is of any help, the UK folk wanted details of  malfunctioning Netflix, but only for the UK.  So here are the same details for Canada, if it si of any help to you.: 1) problem as above 2) I am on the East coast of canada 3) firmware was 1.07.17, upgraded to 1.07.19, then downgradde back to 1.07.17  3) No other connections to other US (or Canadian) providers 4) I am not using Unblock-US etc. 5) DNS when originally set up was set to 255.255.255.0; this did not work at all.  When this was changed to 8.8.8.8 the network connection was established.  (THhs took 4  level 1 support, followed by 1 level 2 to get resolved.  Are you detecting that I am somewhat unfavourably disposed to WD?) 6) Within Netflix, it generally occurs immediately following the Netflix login screen displays, (with the scrolling bars at the bottom).  But on at least one occasion it suddenly occurred after a successful login, with the movie starting to play  7) My router is a Belkin, (don’t have the specific model readily to hand), running on a cable provided by Eastlink. 8) Netflix works fine on two PCs, one hard wired to the roouter, the other running wirelessly.

I would be most grateful if you could tell me if and when you have a fix.  At least you acknowledge that the issue exists.  (Level 2 claim that they have never heard of it.)

Same here spin.  I’ve always had intermittent problems with Netflix holding credentials.  It was an inconvenience before having to re-enter my Netflix credentials every once in a great while.

Now however, it has reached the point of being annoying as **bleep**, having to re-enter credentials EVERY single time I use Netflix.  Netflix’s response is that they are looking into it, which I think is the same response as WD.  This has been going on for months now though and seems to be getting worse.  This is no longer an inconvenience, it is embarrasing.

Netflix’s workaround suggestion was to change my password to something shorter (more insecure), and I’ve done that, but I can’t even use the “remote controller” through a web browser to enter the password!  The e-mail enters fine, but when I submit the password it only spits out 1 or 2 characters, so I can’t even get in easier that way and have it work.

I, like others have commented in the past would rather register my device one time with a code than have these shenangans happening everytime I use probably the most prominent service on the device.  Yes, I know I could probably do the “Reset Web Services” and go through entering all of the information for all of the services again, but I have a strong feeling Netflix would just break again.

Since the upgrade to 1.08.17 firmware, the problem with Netflix failing to hold credentials is fixed for me.  I have had zero problems with Netflix.  Thank you!