Netflix only issue

Getting real sick and **bleep** tired of seeing the same error message almost everytime I TRY and start Netflix on my WD Live PLUS box.

WE’RE UNABLE TO CONNECT YOU TO NETFLIX. PLEASE TRY AGAIN OR VISIT WWW.NETFLIX.COM/TVHELP FOR GUIDANCE.

Wow this is [deleted] ridiculous jumping through hoops changing this cable unplugging that cable reset this unplug that I’m getting sick of it.

Does anybody else have isues with their box WITH ONLY NETFLIX in Bensonhurst Brooklyn on either Cablenovision or Verizon DSL?

Have you been able to verify if there is a known issue Internet Service Providers (Cablenovision and Verizon)?

Regards,

I’m seeing the same issue at two different locations… both devices upgraded to latest firmware for WD TV live plus, going to netflix has “Try Again” button only coming up…

unable to connect etc.

Even after a factory reset.

JUST FOUND THE ANSWER… go to the settings in the WD main menu… then go up one to system settings.

then go down to erase content license, and hit OK, and next screen hit OK.

this cleared something that got my Netflix menus come up again. Everything works for me now.

BTW this solution worked on two different networks… one is Time Warner, the other is COX cable internet network.

I called Netflix and they told me their servers were all up and running I was put on hold while the opp called somebody at the servers to verify there were no issues and there were none. Tried clearing the Lic Key and for kicks I reset it again and still the same issue. Screen goes grey and it says it can’t connect Internet Setting all show that its fully connected and SHOULD be able to work…

WDLiveUser001, this may seem kind of dumb, but because posapay was able to correct his issue with a resetting of settings on his WD TV, have you tried doing a reset and/or factory reset of your device?  I know you referred to changing cables, but you don’t mention having done that.  I would do both resets and see if that fixes it.  I’ve been watching Netflix, nightly, and I have the latest update.  I’m not meaning to rub it in, but it may indicate something simple.  Also, make sure you don’t have Netflix blocked in your virus software or firewall (though I don’t see how that would do it, but you’d be surprised). 

Reset through the menu AND the little button on the side you need a needle or paperclip for

The only other thing I can think of is if you go into System >> Settings on the WD TV and check to see if the time and date are off (incorrect).  If so, then you’re not really accessing the internet.  You will need to go into the router and enable UPnP and UDP (if this is available) to allow your WD TV to have access to the internet.  Also, if that doesn’t work, then you can set the WD TV in the DMZ on the router and see if that does it.

Sure seems like alot of hoops to have to jump through for something that stopped responding without me changing any settings on the box or my router which it worked fine off of for nearly 6 months also I don’t see anywhere in the settings where I can actually set the time there is an option to pick a timezone and that time and date are off

Also you say that I’m not really connected to the internet, then why do all the other internal apps connect to whereever they need to connect to?

Accuweather shows my weather, BlockBuster and Cinemanow both bring up movies I can select, Deezer connects and I can access songs on there I don’t have a facebok account but the app asks for a login Flickr connects and shows me pictures Flinga connects to the network and brings up the menu Live 365 lets me access free stations since I dont have an account MediaFly connects and brings up all of its menus Pandora asks for an account I don’t have TuneIn Radio brings up its menus and lets me play music and finally Youtube lets me connect and search videos…    And then theres Netflix…        DENIED!!!

You can’t set the date or time, just the timezone.  If the time and date are off, then it’s not being updated from the internet.  I don’t know about the rest, but I do know that it could be affecting your connection to Netflix.  So, it’s up to you.  I gave you some things to look into.  But if you don’t think that’s what it is, then that’s fine.

Bill_s is correct.

If the TIME is wrong, then NetFlix WILL NOT connect.

Make sure that your Router’s Firewall is allowing NTP Updates to your WDTV.

The only way I know of to see if the time is correct is to plug a USB stick or drive into the WDTV after it’s been on for a few minutes.  

It will update the Media Library.

Then you can eject the drive, and plug it into your PC and look at the modify date on the file.

Any other ideas on what to do?  I’m getting the same ‘unable to connect’ error for past couple weeks.

WD Live Plus running 1.05.04_B, been runnnig Netflix fine for MONTHS.  Runs every other internat app, zero issues.  I have an XBOX360, iPOD Touch, PC, Sony TV - they all connect to Netflix off the same router with zero issues.

I have 35/35 FiOS service also, which usually ends up running more like 42 / 25 to most external servers.

The only device / service I’m having ANY issues with is the WD Live Plus and Netflix.  Called Netflix yesterday - they told me the issue was the device not being able to reach their servers (NSS!), upload too slow maybe (I doubt this but lets run with it).  Today I replaced the ethernet patch cable from my primary router to the WD Live Plus with a 50’ sheilded CAT6 cable, and made sure the connection type was set to 100 Full Duplex with no traffic shaping or QOS enabled at all in the router (which there was none previously anyway).

Factory Reset from the WD Live GUI - no change

Factory Reset using the momentary push button on the side - no change

Verified the time zone and time updating is working - didn’t help

Cleared the content license key in the WD - no change

Replaced the 50’ cat5E eth patch cable with a sheilded 50’ cat6 cable - no change

Changed ports on the router the WD is connected to - no change.

Used the key sequence to deactivate the WD from Netflix - no change

Deactivated the WD from the Netflix website - no change

Deactivate ALL of my Netflix devices from the Netflix website - no change

The specific error I’m getting is :

Http / 408 / Request Time-out /

[https://secure.netflix.com/us/htmltvui/164/3\_0\_or\_none/b/720…(cant](https://secure.netflix.com/us/htmltvui/164/3_0_or_none/b/720…(cant) see the rest of the URL on the screen)

If anyone has any ideas… I’m all ears.

0100010  (Fancy way of saying you’re 34?)

You say you STATICALLY forced the connection to 100 / Full?    If so, that’s a Baaaaaad thing…  

Ethernet should ALWAYS AUTONEGOTIATE, *UNLESS* you can set BOTH ends manually.   You can’t set the WDTV manually, so you *MUST* use Auto negotiate.

Or did I misunderstand?

This happened to me evening. After 2 hours of fiddling with it and my network, it finally worked after resetting the subscriptions 3 Times on a row. Then the funny thing was after I turned it off then on again I logged into netflix and didn’t even have to put in my account info to set it up. I just logged in and my que was up and running. Weird.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

0100010  (Fancy way of saying you’re 34?)

You say you STATICALLY forced the connection to 100 / Full?    If so, that’s a Baaaaaad thing…  

Ethernet should ALWAYS AUTONEGOTIATE, *UNLESS* you can set BOTH ends manually.   You can’t set the WDTV manually, so you *MUST* use Auto negotiate.

Or did I misunderstand?

Didn’t say it clearly // the port is set to auto-negotiate, I just checked the status of the port to ensure it was running at 100/full.

Well, interestingly enough; last night it started working on its own.

Instead of providing me an activation code, like it has in the past, it asked me for my netflix login information.  Now it is running fine…

Netflix has had several outages this week. http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Netflix-Suffers-Second-Outage-in-One-Week-115315

Netflix did the same thing to me last night.  It worked fine, and when I went out of it to check my drives for shows, it required that I log in to it again.  Actually, now that I remember, it wouldn’t let me play a certain show, so I exited Netflix and when I when to go back to it, it required that I log in again.  So, the outages makes sense.