Netflix movie playback problem

I have no problem to connect and activate netflix. But when I pay movies (each everyone) It shows few frames of movie then flash then few frames of movie, I can never pay the movie continually. Any ideas? I pay YouTube fine and pay netflix movies on my PC fine. I use CAT5 E cable connect WD live plus to the router.

Thanks.

You probably have a TV that has HDMI handshake issues.   It’s a known issue, and WD has been trying to fix it since the Plus’s release.

There’s a thread around here that WD is monitoring, but I’m having trouble doing any searches right now and can’t find it.

You’ll want to provide them with the exact connectivity and TV Make/Model.

I have EXACTLY the same issue. Rang Support … first I was told to “take it back and get a new one”! After I explained I’d bought it online and therefore would need an RMA or my money back I was told to wait a week. Totally unimpressed!!!

The clocks ticking WDS.

There is a Beta release floating around out there for the Plus; these Betas are intended to help with HDMI, particularly related to NetFlix.

Go see if you can find it for download  (WD has removed it, but it’s certainly out on the net.)

I think the Plus 1.03.39 Beta is still active on the WD site:

http://www.wdc.com/wdtvliveplus_limitedpublicbetarelease/

Ah, so it is!

Thanks but I’ve applied the beta ver also … no joy. 

Make sure ya’ll post your EXACT MAKE AND MODEL of TV, and how you’re hooking up (HDMI/Component, AVR in the middle?)

1 Like

Thanks Tony.

WDS here is my configuration

WDS Live Plus is directly connected to a Philips flat HDTV 42PF9731D 42" LCD via a HDMI cable connected to HDMI port 2.

The WDS Live Plus is directly wired to my router. Download bandwith is 15Mbs.

All other options appear to run fine, it’s just Netflix that doesn’t work … I bought it for Netflix.

I have applied the Beta firmware version released 9/9.

Thanks

My TV is Magnavox 37MF231D LCD, connect HDMI to WD live plus.

I was trying AV connection, it works fine with netflix payback, only with lower quality.

I think that maybe WD live plus has problem with Phillips/Magnavox brand TV.

Thanks.

Just had a reply to my email requesting an update.

[deleted]

“We have no hard date for when we will release a final firmware but if you still have issues with Netflix, please post your results within the thread through the link below so that our engineers can review them. Otherwise, I recommend that you return to the earlier factory release firmware.”

the “link below” is the beta forum so doing that …

Switched over to AV and Netflix works so this is definitely an HDMI transfer issue.