Netflix Issues in Denmark / Norway / Finland (Scandinavia)

But it isn’t against the policies anymore. NetFlix is available here now, so unban it [deleted]!

Banned?   I don’t think so – THIS GUY has it working…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/HD-on-netflix/m-p/490038#U490038

Have you done what the Bill’s instructions say?

You guys are using a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player, correct?

If so, is it just not showing up, or does it show up, but it’s not working?

[edit]

And are you on the latest firmware?

Vaflor wrote:

1. The WD TV Live Hub will only ever get Netflix in the U.S.

Why is that? Some internal hardware? Cant think of anything else that would prevent it otherwise.

Cheers

It’s a hardware issue.

Vinge87 wrote:
I have this:

http://m.wdc.com/en/product/570

Not showing at all

You have a Live Hub and you will not be able to get Netflix (Scandinavia) on it due to hardware limitations.

You guys have to remember that the hub has been around for quite a while, well over two years.  A lot of the technology has changed since then. 

We seem to keep running into this everytime Netflix launches somewhere else in the world.  We had this issue when Netflix was launched in the UK, in South America, and we’ve always said that the Hub will only work in the U.S.  So, as disappointing as it is, I’m sorry, but there is nothing we can do about it.  There is no fix.  It is a limitation of the device.

1 Like

i find it very disapoting and somehow disturbing that we as consumers getting promised one thing from the dealers with WD hardware and gettin yanked the next. as well it must give WD somekind of a ‘not feel good experience’ with the WD product and i cant understand why WD isnt doing something about it, since goodwill concerning ur brand is pretty importnant. Netflix in scandinavia still say when u call them that they support all WD LIVE products… sooo maybe start there? apperently something has gone wrong in marketing and supported mediaboxes here in scandinavia is from netflix point of view apple, philips and WD… well philips’s box isnt avaible for sale in denmark and apple is mainly for mac users id take, and WD well WD just dont work… soooooooo…

If cleared up a bit and u made it work, my guess is theres a pretty nice market for some MCE boxes to be sold… but hey… now i can use my money on something else besides a WD product… nice… real nice…

ohh and btw… HBO Nordic is comming soon… would be strong sale if WD supported both… *KACHIING* ( ← money in WD’s pockets… ) :smiley:

John:

The Timezone is different than the location.  And the incorrect timezone is a bug, thought the OFFSET should be correct.  

You do NOT want to post your WD Serial Number!   WD is asking you to post your Netflix ESN, but not your serial number.

You do NOT need to open ports.

Thank`s Tony!

I bought the wd live hub in new york last year, already thinking to be used with neflix us and hulu plus etc or for my kitchen tv. My roku xs does a superb job for the living room. anyway what about the regular wd live box, would that one be able to use netflix in scandinavia and hopefully hbo nordic, when ready? Im asking since it came out later than the hub.

if not, atleast in scandinavia Im sure wdc sales of mediaplayers will be pretty non excistent, as everybody will grab atv 3 or whatever player will work with netflix and hbo. please advise

xoomtell wrote:

Hi

I have just been chatting with Netflix Nordic, and they gave me a bit of hope. They told me that they are actuallly working on getting the WD TV Live Hub to work with Netflix as well, but in the end it is up to WD to get the firmware updated. They also told me, that there is still some devices that is not working correctly and they still need to get more devices made able to get access, but they have just laundhed in Scandinavia for about a week ago. So let´s give them a chance to catch up. I sincerly hope that the WD TV Live Hub will be able to get access as well. And hopefully soon…Hope some one from WD will confrim there is plans/dialog between Netflix Nordic and WD about gettibng the Hub to work. I know that even personel from WD does not get information about firmware updated before a day before they are launched. So lets hope they will find a solution very soon…

You are still holding out hope when the person from WD told you that it will not work. We have Netflix in the UK and the hub does not work here. We have already given up hope.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/Netflix-Issues-in-Denmark-Norway-Finland-Scandinavia/td-p/490176

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/Netflix-Issues-in-Denmark-Norway-Finland-Scandinavia/m-p/490804/highlight/true#M2412

after some diggin it appears that ppl around here in Denmark are able to use their WD for Netflix anyways…

quoting in danish: Den nyeste generation af WD Live TV bokse (model: WDBGXT0000NBK) understøtter Netflix (ud-af-boksen).
Det kører i hvert fald fint her.

WD TV Live (3. generation)

qouting in english: _**The latest generation of WD Live TV boxes (model: WDBGXT0000NBK) supports Netflix (out-of-box).
It runs at least fine here.

WD TV Live (third generation)**_

_   _

but anything else from WD is no go**… **

info from : http://www.flatpanels.dk/fokusartikel.php?subaction=showfull&id=1350553826

so gues im gonna try that…

tmoos wrote:

Hello
I followed the instructions, I have a WD TV Live Hub firmware 3.07.14
Part number WDBACA0010BBK Serial .
and Netflix can not be found

GEEZE can people please pay attention!!!

It *IS NOT SUPPORTED ON THE HUB*!!!

Hi,

Here is my case. Does not work. Would be great to solve this together.

• I am in Finland

• I have WD TV Live (NOT hub)

• I bough my device from US 6 months ago (used to live there)

• I have a latest FW (1.11.14)

• I have done the factory reset and geo reset. Geo says correctly FINLAND

• Netflix ESN: WDBHG70000-AE7D-4501-5011-08F5

• I can see the netflix app icon. I can start the app. I can see the netflix start screen (big red banner).

• Before I can enter my account details, I get a dialog with the following text :

- We’re unable to connect you to netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp for guidance

• I have network connection (e.g. YouTube works fine)

Any suggestions? 

FIN-user wrote:

Hi,

Here is my case. Does not work. Would be great to solve this together.

• I am in Finland
  • I have WD TV Live (NOT hub)
  • I bough my device from US 6 months ago (used to live there)
  • I have a latest FW (1.11.14)
  • I have done the factory reset and geo reset. Geo says correctly FINLAND
  • Netflix ESN: WDBHG70000-AE7D-4501-5011-08F5
  • I can see the netflix app icon. I can start the app. I can see the netflix start screen (big red banner).
  • Before I can enter my account details, I get a dialog with the following text :

- We’re unable to connect you to netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp for guidance

• I have network connection (e.g. YouTube works fine)

Any suggestions? 

I’ve passed this along to make sure that our product people are aware of this.

Guys,

Due to the fact that we are completely confused as to who is and isn’t complaining about their live hub not working, we are going to remove all post that are referencing a live hub.  If you have a Live Streaming Media Player, please note that in your post.  Otherwise, we might remove your post by accident.  If we do remove your post and you have an SMP, then repost and note that.  Make sure you have followed my instructions at the top of the thread, and then post your results.

Bill_S

Juhor wrote:

Wait… what…

Does it or doesn’t it work?

First you say it will never work outside the US, and then go on about editing the geo location, what the **bleep**?

Can I get it to work (also in Finland)!?

If not, I too will be switching to a proper mediaplayer and never buying another WD product again.

He says: ’ “Device A” will never be able to use it. But “Device B” can.’

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Kenzo66 wrote:

Is it really WD’s job to make sure people are not violating local rules?

The answer to that is, DUH!  Of course it is!  NetFlix wouldn’t allow them to provide the service if they don’t enforce NetFlix’s policies.   Just like there would be no NetFlix if NetFlix didn’t obey the various studio’s rules.

No it isn’t. And Netflix isn’t doing a good job of it either (and of course its stupid, since Netflix only has old stuff - if someone wants to pirate it they have done so years ago)

fransbuus wrote:

… . Netflix in scandinavia still say when u call them that they support all WD LIVE products… sooo maybe start there?          

Having had some experience with Netflix support now, I’ve come to the conclusion that they will lie to you outright. I wouldn’t buy hardware on their say so.

Bill_S wrote:

Due to the fact that we are completely confused as to who is and isn’t complaining about their live hub not working, we are going to remove all post that are referencing a live hub.  If you have a Live Streaming Media Player, please note that in your post.  Otherwise, we might remove your post by accident.  If we do remove your post and you have an SMP, then repost and note that.  Make sure you have followed my instructions at the top of the thread, and then post your results.

Note that the device they sell over here is generally called WDTV Live and NOT streaming (doesn’t even say streaming on the device) but since its the third generation (WDBGXT0000NBK) it works with Netflix.