Needed volts / amperes to turn on by plugging power

As per title, I’d like to add a smart plug to my cloud home duo in order to turn it on remotely, but I noticed that here in Italy (220 V, maybe 10 amperes) it doesn’t turn on by plugging in the power wire.

So any hint on needed power to perform this task?

Thanks

there’s probably something wrong with your Smart Plug.

All WD products are Input AC Switching 100~240 Volts

And the WD Cloud Home Duo power supply is 12V 3A

all within Italy’s 220V 10A requirement you mention.

I have WD hard drives connected to Smart Plugs/ Smart Power Strips … they work fine local and remote.

Thank you for the reply,

currently I do not have a smart plug: I tested the behaviour of the disk by plugging in the plug directly to the wall, but it does not turn on.
Instead, if I switch off the entire apartment power network and then I power it on, the disk turns on…

Such a strange behaviour! Maybe it could be because the disk is plugged into a current power strip? (multiple plugs I mean)

Thank you

Sounds very strange.

I would take the My Cloud Home Duo to a friend or relatives house and try plugging it in there.

If you plug it into the wall and it doesn’t power on unless you power off your entire apartment … almost sounds like dodgy electrical wiring in your apartment.

It turns on when plugging in the jack to the disk, but not by plugging in the plug on the wall. Maybe some technical issue?