Need to set up for a second computer on My Passport Elite

I been using this 350 GB passport to back up my XP machine.  I have now purchased a windows 7 machine and would like to also back up my data using this HD.  Can I do that?  If so how?

I noticed under actions that there is a selection to add another computer but all that does is bring me to a website to purchase software so I am a bit confused. 

Its been awhile since I set this up but I believe it came with software installed on the hard drive but I don’t remember the name of the software.

Thanks for any help  :cry:

Hello,

In order to assist  you we will need either the name of the software or if possible the drive model number. 

saltyone wrote:

I noticed under actions that there is a selection to add another computer but all that does is bring me to a website to purchase software so I am a bit confused. 

Thanks for any help  :cry:

If you have a menu that says Actions that means you have WD Anywhere Backup. If that’s the case, in order to backup your Win7 PC you’ll need to go to the registration page, register if you haven’t done so, if you did, just download the software.

The new version will allow you to backup your computer with Win 7.

Attached find a link for the registration page and how to setup a backup with WDAB.

https://websupport.wdc.com/registration/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

How to Setup a Backup with WDAB