Need to replace my WD Bookworld

Can anyone suggest a NAS drive to replace my old Bookworld that works well, but often disconnects from the network. I tried a My Cloud Home and it was terrible so returned it. I would like something that works the same way as the Bookworld

A couple of years ago I would have recommended the MyCloud NAS, but no more! Get a Synology or QNAP NAS.

It all depends what you want the device to do. . . .

• Do you want a single bay device; or do you want to have a multi-drive NAS? The advantage of multibay is that you can have the drives mirrored or stripped (Google “Raid 1 vs Raid 5”) so that you have some data redundancy.

• Is this simply file storage; or do you want to use the device as a media server?

• Do you access from within the internet. . . .or are you going from anywhere in the world?

My general advice:

• I shun the WD Home line - - - -yeah; I know why you returned it (not fit for any function)

• The WD products are QUITE software limited; but basically work as simple file storage on your network. They no longer have any single bay models that I know of. . . . I have EX2 boxes; and they do just fine. For the money - - - they are fine.

• If you are doing anything involving the internet. . . .avoid WD because the updates are slow and the web access software is infantile. Synology and Qnap have good alternatives. (but they are more expensive)(But the reality. . .the real money is in the HDD’s)

• If you using the drive as a media server. . … then you could require more serious hardware. Lots of variables here. . . but the WD line (being cheaper) has relatively low end hardware.

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.