Need some help setting up my EX4100

Hi, I just got my 24tb mycloud EX4100 and am having some questions on how to customize for better performance.

Adding files to the EX4100, I’ve tried a few times to put massive amounts of data onto the EX4100 from my computer (iMac OSX10.10) using finder, and it has crashed everytime several hours into the copy. Is there a better way to add files?

How do I set up the NAS to mount as a drive when the computer turns on. So I don’t have to re-connect on every restart, or when the computer goes to sleep.

I have the older EX4 and I was told I cloud have the EX4 copy the EX4100 1 to 1 off site at a nother location. What is the best way to set this up.

thanks

Dan

The best way to transfer files between computer and NAS is that both devices are directly connected to the network via wired ethernet.  If you have to use wireless you are at the mercy of wireless slow speeds.  WHen I am connected this way via a gigabit router, I get transfer speeds at the limit of my DL2100 NAS: 113MB/sec.

Yes I was transfering while connected via ethernet, two cables from the 4100 to my router and one cable from my router to my computer…  yet these massive 1tb file transfers have consistintly failed.

danmarker wrote:

Hi, I just got my 24tb mycloud EX4100 and am having some questions on how to customize for better performance.

Adding files to the EX4100, I’ve tried a few times to put massive amounts of data onto the EX4100 from my computer (iMac OSX10.10) using finder, and it has crashed everytime several hours into the copy. Is there a better way to add files?

How do I set up the NAS to mount as a drive when the computer turns on. So I don’t have to re-connect on every restart, or when the computer goes to sleep.

I have the older EX4 and I was told I cloud have the EX4 copy the EX4100 1 to 1 off site at a nother location. What is the best way to set this up.

thanks

Dan

For now to transfer that massive files from your Mac to the NAS is to connect the Mac directly to the NAS.  Using a network cable connect from the Mac to the NAS.  After the transfer complete, you can connect the Mac and the NAS back to your router.

For your other question, for Mac OSX only go to the link below.  Automatic connect to the NAS shares pemanent.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/05/04/automatically-connect-to-network-drive-mac-os-x/