Need Migration Steps from MYCloud (pers) to MyCloudPR2100 with Google Syncing/One Drive Syncing

I’m want to migrate (move) all files from MyCloud (4tb) to New faster MyCloudPR2100 (8tb with raid so only 4tb) and don’t want to create a mess with either extra duplication of files or files getting deleted accidentally.

I currently sync some folders (not all) from MyCloud storage to google drive and microsoft onedrive. I’m also using freefilesync program to sync particular folders so I have some of the same folders syncing google drive, microsoft onedrive and certain local/network drives so all 3 have the same info. Note- this is not to say there are some files on each of these locations that are not synced and are only on that drive only. So I can’t just wipe out googledrive, onedrive, etc.

I am looking STEP BY STEP GUIDE of doing this to avoid issues (duplication and accidentally deletion) mentioned above and I want to setup the syncing of particular folders (not plan on changing names) as I had before without creating issues.

I’m not real clear once files are moved how google and microsoft will handle the syncing to a new drive where the folders are the same. Will it create new files or overwrite the same files that match name and date?

Hi BRETT_B,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.