Need help with keeping video files together!

Hey, I was originally using Clone DVD Mobile to rip video files to my Wd Tv, but had problems with stuttering images, so when I bought a Wd Live Tv , I started ripping with DVD Fab. The only problem I’m finding is that the files appear in a single named file on my main computer, but when I transfer them either by streaming, or by memory stick, they appear as a series of files which have to be accessed individually, unlike my Clone DVD files which Would open and play to completion with one click. Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong ? Is there a setting on the WDTv which needs to be set ?!  Any help would be great ! I want to transfer all my movies to the harddrive in our basement, but they’ll be unrecognizable until I figure this out !

What format are you ripping to?

Ripping to a “standard” DVD format means you’ll have a TS_VIDEO folder which contains a ton of files.  Ripping to an ISO file *Should* result in one file but it’s possible the WDLive reads the file structure of that ISO and shows the other files in it (I don’t know since I always either rip to the TS_VIDEO or, much more likely, create a single file using Handbrake).

How are you ripping your videos in DVDFab. Is it to a iso image? Are you accidentally opening the image file with a zip program as this shows you the files within the image.

… another idea: rip your dvd with the output option “movie file / avi” of CloneDVD. This will create one .AVI file for each video on the dvd - or just one for the main video if you so choose.

I used to do this with DVD Clone, but after months of no problems, I suddenly kept getting stuttering video with any more recent DVD’s. I couldn’t figure out how to fix this , so went to DVD Fab.

Okay, but you still didn’t tell us what format you’re ripping these to.

Yes I’ve ripped to a video_ts file, which contains a bunch of other files. I’m trying to rip to an avi file using dvd fab mobile, aybe that will help.

Right, a VIDEO_TS file *will* contain a bunch of files and you will need to select the menu file (the IFO file) to play the menu.

If you don’t care about the menu and don’t mind encoding time you can just Handbrake the main movie and have a single file to deal with (much easier and will save some space – use the High Profile preset but change the output type to MKV).  It’s what a lot of us are doing.

I’ll try that, thanks!

paulpeople wrote:

Yes I’ve ripped to a video_ts file, which contains a bunch of other files. I’m trying to rip to an avi file using dvd fab mobile, aybe that will help.

or you can rip to an iso image which is the complete disc in one file and includes menus and extras.

Can I rip stright to iso with DVD fab ? ( there’s a file foriso images in the destination file, but I can’t see how you would do it in the start up ). if not, any software suggestions ?!

To the right of the target box at the top of the DVDFab screen are two selectable boxes. The first is to select a folder and the second is to select an image.