Need an IP audio tuner

Greetings folks

I have some fairly simple stereo audio equipment in my garage workshop and on the back porch.  Both installations are just a simple amplifier and some speakers.  I usually use an iPod or a Zune or something similar for a signal source. 

What I’d like is the IP equivalent to a radio tuner, which would let me access music from my WE My Book NAS drive, as well as internet radio streams.  The WD TV Play looks like a potential candidate, but the problem is there will be no video screen to assist with the user interface.  I’m thinking that a nice iPad app would fix this.  I know I could use the iPad itself, and use a DLNA app to get music from the NAS, and the IPad browser for internet streams, and just hook the audio output of the iPad up to the stereo amplifier.  I’ve done that at times, and it works, but it ties up the iPad for the duration. 

So the question is, does anyone know if such an app exists?  I’m also open to other solutions.  I’d just like better access to music in my shop.

Hello,

Unfortunately it would be difficult to navigate the WD TV without a screen to display the menu. Lets see if any other User has some comments on this and help you with a recommendation.

It seems to me that what you are doing using the iPad is your best option.  It is basically what I do (with either my iPad or Kindle) ; especially since you want access to both your music files and radio (e.g. TuneIn app).  As for tying up your iPad – So what else would it be doing otherwise?