Need a copy of Advanced Format Software

HI I have a western digital Scorpio Blue drive. I got the system from a friend. I had to reclone the system back onto the drive. The original system was made with a 160 gb drive. I tried to download the software and because I do not have the drive reregistered to me I can’t down load it. How can I get this software? Seems odd that a free utility is restricted. 

I called customer support and the person said no you don’t need it so I read him the tech not on the WD site and he said he never herd of that. I guess he need to be retrained. 

I hope some one can help I need to fix this up and give it back to my friend soon.

Thanks

Charlie

here are the links that you need my friend;

wd alignment tool to advance format the drive and True Image WD Edition for cloning

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=805&lang=en

am just sure if you need to register the drive so that you can download the files;

anyway if you are going to clone your laptops internal drive and you are not using a WD internal drive, True image will not work. because the drives “must” be WD only. you may want to try a thrird party software to clone your drive at your own risk. if you are rich, you can purchase the complete version of true image.