NAS down! Need replacement fan for EX4100

I’ve found whatever posts I could for a replacement fan without much luck. Found one that did mention a replacement fan part number, so I ordered that and it is not what I need. Too small and only has 3 pins. Mine is a 4 pin (blue,yellow,red,black) fan, 4 1/8" between mounting holes. Fan that is in the unit is:

Sunon MagLev
MFC0251V3-Q01U-S99
DC 12v 1.68w

Anyone able to get a source for me for this? Sure would appreciate some help!

Hi,

I used Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (120mm, Brown) .
Got it from Amazon: Amazon.com

-Raj

1 Like

I got an email about an hour ago saying that my DL4100 NAS drive was shutting down due to fan failure. After confirming that the fan was failing I came across your post for the same basic issue. I was ready to buy the one suggested on Amazon, but they won’t have them in stock for at least another week. I searched more and found the exact replacement part instead. It was the Sunon MagLev fan with identical part number that was on the original. I bought it from this distributor in Texas. The item was in stock and was about $20 including 2 day expedited shipping. Hopefully this is as easy as it seems and the part that’s shipped will be exactly what I need. I hope this helps the next person searching for the part.

thanks, this worked out great.

i watched this youtube video: ✅WD My Cloud EX4100 Reparación Error Ventilador Error Fan✅ - YouTube