MyNet N750 connection drops

Hi,

The My Net N750 device that I have seems to dramatically slow down the connection making the navigation difficult or impossible. Powercycling the device seems to fix it for about an hour before it reoccurs.
When it drops the external connection, I can still get to the admin interface but it will not successfully connect to the internet until I powercycle the device. I have been running the latest firmware version, and have reset it to defaults. I’ve also no QOS nor parental control activated.

I’m quite worried cause there as been no software update since 2012, is the product still supported? Is there gonna be a patch??

Have you tried setting ‘Enable DNS Proxy’ to ‘Off’ and then restarting your wired/wireless devices ?

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Net-Networking-Devices/My-Net-N900-Drops-External-Connection/td-p/596173

Thanks, i’m gonna try

Nice try but still it doesn’t work: After a few hours, Internet navigation becomes slow and painfull. A simple reboot an it works again. Don’t know what to do…

If you have Parental Controls enabled, try turning them off.

What devices do you use with  the N750 ?

Do they all experience internet connectivity problems after a few hours ?

Is the N750 in a well ventilated location (I’m wondering if it is overheating) ?   Ensure the ventilation holes on the underside are not blocked and keep away from direct sunlight or other heat sources.

Hi,

Parental control is disabled. And the router is well ventilated

I used a variety of devices: PC Win8, Mac and several iphone. Same problem on all devices.

Q. Does the issue also occur on a wired ethernet connection?

Q. Who is your ISP?

If DNS Proxy is still disabled, you could try bypassing your ISP’s DNS by manually entering alternative DNS server addresses in the Advanced > WAN > ‘Internet Setup’ page.   Suggest using google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. 

Q1: Yes it does

Q2: My ISP ni numericable http://www.numericable.fr/ , I have 100mbs FTLA connection

When I replied two days ago after the modification of the settings, I’ve just did a software reboot. Since, I’ve powered down and up the router, and the problem hasn’t occured. Let’s wait a week, see if it’s still buggy.

Hi,

After a full week with no problems, I think I’ve stabilised the situation. I have

• disabled DNS proxy

• disabled local master browser

• set the primary DNS using google’s DNS

So far it’s working, thanks for your help!