MyNet 900Central not recognising files

have just had this hard disk a short while.  Attached it directly to my laptop and backed up my hard disk.  It seems to copy fine but then when i look at properties, it implies that fewer files in number and size have actually copied over.  I think all files are actually copying but just not being recognised by the 900C.  I have pressed the reset button underneath but nothing seems to change.  Anybody got any ideas???

Hello and welcome to the WD Community.

What software are you using to backup your data?

If you are using the WD Smartware, make sure that you are running the latest version of the software.

In case you need to update the software, please see the following link.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/nas.asp

thanks for that I actually just dragged and dropped / copied and pasted from windows explorer - will this generally not work? and if not do i need to rebackup everything with the WD software? Do I need to do a factory reset or anything like that?

I’m having a major problem as well. I have several files saved on to my n900 hard drive and suddenly they are inaccessible. There is one folder that takes a long time to load, and when it does it only seems to load files alphabetically to C and then completely stops. I know the files are there because when I save something to that folder it works and shows up in the windows recent access box. However, actually going into the folder through windows explorer it’s not there. The properties of the folder show 12.2gb, but when I tried to copy the whole folder onto a USB thumb drive it only copied 2.8gb’s worth, incidentally just the files that are appearing. There are a whole mess of files on there I can’t even get access to. How do I fix this?