MyCloudHome useless

I have a MyCloudHome 4 TB drive, and other than it’s a Windows only device, so I can’t access it from any of my linux systems, I’m also constantly getting “Unable to read from source file or disk” errors every time I try to copy files from it using Windows 10 21H2

Would be nice if something actually was able to access this drive as it is currently useless. Used to work fine when it was new a few months ago, at least I was able to copy the files to the drive, but not from.

The My Cloud Home (MCH) is also MacOS compatible but there is no official support for Linux. Have you had a chance to do much reading or search the forum for answers or open a case with WD support? You could mount the MCH samba drive in Linux and you could also access the private user space kddfs from Windows Linux subsystem. I could provide some links but it seems superfluous.

I have attempted to mount it via CIFS (Samba) and the drive rejects it. After looking through the support forums the inability to use Linux is very frustrating to users.

Use the MCH ip address which you could look up through the router or an ipscan utility.

I do have. a My Cloud Home. Which is where the problem is. The old My Cloud drive I had worked fine, but this My Cloud Home drive constantly gives errors of “unable to read from source.”

You don’t seem to spend a lot of time reading the quotes or the links. The previous reply was to your question of why you weren’t able to mount cifs from Linux and the answer was in the link with the terminal command

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=nobody //192.168.1.111/Public /mnt/mch

where /mnt/mch is a mkdir directory that has to be created.

MCH giving errors of “unable to read from source” is a separate problem of likely that a limit of more than 5 connections to the MCH samba has been reached, a limitation explained in another thread completely, which again is superfluous to link for lack of readership.