MyCloudEX2 Ultra RAM / CPU Maxed Out Since OS5 Upgrade

I did the upgrade last night (caused frustrations in themselves), but now the indexing / generating previews is complete, the CPU / RAM is maxing out when I’m enabling Plex and that’s before I’m even attempting to do anything with Plex. What the hell is wrong? Have to say, WD devices are so insanely stressful and annoying. I’ve been considering upgrading my NAS and I won’t be going near WD products again once I do.

Oh well this is icing on the cake, I’ve just tried rebooting, and now my indexing progress is all over the place. Was at 83%, then went DOWN to 61%, 98% then back to 73% what the actual hell is going on?

Hi @Steve8786 ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

Indexing.

The absolute BANE of OS/5.
People have been itching about it since OS/5 was released.

The good news is that it is only done if cloud services are enabled. So - - - if you don’t want to use the (awful) web apps. . . just turn off cloud services.

Frankly; I always thought the EX2 ultra was borderline with plex. Certainly cannot handle on the fly transcoding. As a file server. . . the WD products do just fine.