MyCloud wakeup

Hi

I am trying to alter an old PC backup application I wrote a while ago.  I am having issues when the MyCload is in ‘sleep’ mode.

I am trying to get some help via the MS VB forum and I have been asked if the MyCloud supports Wake on Lan sent from a connected device (my laptop PC), and I can’t find any info for this - so am asking here.

To explain the issues  am having:  in my application, when I set up a backup job, I choose the source and destination via a FolderBrowser dialog.  When I do this, and the MyCloud is in ‘sleep’ mode, I can see the shares listed with a red X against them (as would be expected) and if I select one of the shares as the job destination,then the MyCloud ‘wakes’ up and the chosen destination path works fine. However, as part of my application, the ‘job’ parameters are saved for future use.  The source and destination paths are saved and reloaded as needed - *but*, if the MyCloud is in ‘sleep’ mode when the ‘job’ is being reused from saved parameters (without rebuilding via the Folder Browser dialog), then it fails.

Question 1 is: does the MyCloud supports aWOL signal?

Question 2 is: how can I ‘wake’ the Mycloud from code?

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

I have not tried this procedure, maybe another user can share some tips and information on this matter.   

Hi

I *may* have found a solution, certainly, so far, it seems to work.  I don’t know if I have upset the power saving aspect of the NAS going to sleep or not though.

I followed the advice from the following link, setting:

http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-fix-the-red-x-on-the-icon-of-mapped-network-drives-in-windows-7/

net config server /autodisconnect:-1

and added a DWORD in the registry at:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Service\lanmanworkstation\parameters\ KeepConn86400 seconds

Now, when I restart my computer, the shares on the NAS are marked active (no red cross)

Hi

Just to say that my attempts as per my last post does not work. It did seem to with initial tests, but has since proved not to be the case,

Any other ides welcomed.