MyCloud no longer seen by computer

My Broadcom internal wireless adapter stopped working.  Replaced the adapter with a usb based netgear n600 adapter.

The n600 connects to a Netgear wireless router, in which my MyCloud is connected to one of the 4 ports.

As a result of this, MyCloud shows up as a device if I click on Network in windows eplorer, but it does not open, nor is it listed under the expanded network list.

Also, when I open WD smartware, it is now asking me for an ID and Password, which is new, especially since I never setup the MyCloud with an ID and Password.  My shares are also all public.

Other computers in my house can see the MyCloud and its structure.

Other computers can no longer see my desktop which has always been shared. 

I think the issue is somewhere with my computer or a result of the n600 and genie that came with the netgear device.

I have discussed this at length with netgear but to no avail.

Thought I would give the WD community a try to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Bill

Welcome to the WD Community. Have you tried resetting the My Cloud and the router? if the problem continues, try connecting the My Cloud directly to the PC to see if it is recognized like that. 

I have not gone the reset path yet, but will try.  I should note that I can see the details of mycloud via the browser method typing in the ip address of the drive.

frustrated2014 wrote:
[…]

Also, when I open WD smartware, it is now asking me for an ID and Password, which is new, especially since I never setup the MyCloud with an ID and Password.  My shares are also all public.

Other computers in my house can see the MyCloud and its structure.

Other computers can no longer see my desktop which has always been shared. 

I think the issue is somewhere with my computer or a result of the n600 and genie that came with the netgear device.

[…]

Given the symptoms, this is not a problem with your NAS, but with your computer. It looks like the sharing and netowkr discovery services have been turned off for your computer or something like this.> When you right click on the network connection and go to the networking center, is your network public or private? When you go to the advanced sharing options, are all the options set up the right way?> To confirm this, share another computer on your network, and see if you problem computer can see the share. Network discovery service should be on.

First of all, thanks to all who tried to help.

After three days of scouring the internet, I arrived at a thread that helped me.

When I installed the new N600, it did not install two, apparently important items with the adapter, the “Client for Microsoft Networks” and the “File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks”. 

For anyone facing this similar issue, and based on the posts out there, there are many of you…

Go to Network and Sharing Center your control Panel.

Select “Change Adapter Settings”

Click your adapter and then “change settings of this connection” in the ribbon above

While on the network tab, click the “Install”

Select Client and Add

Select “Clent for Microsoft Networks” and then OK.

Do the same for Service, File and Printer Sharing.

Good Luck