current firmware: 5.08.115
- red light on front of panel for Drive1
- Home > Device > Diagnostics > Drive Status reports Fault
- Storage> Disk Status > System Disks reports Bad
- Settings > Utilities > System Diagnostic > Disk Test > Full Test … reports nothing wrong
- after rebooting still have red light at front and reports Fault
Question … is the drive truly faulty? Should I upgrade the firmware (there’s one available)? Anyone else experience this? TIA
Kindly refer to the article 2 and 4 Bay Internal Drive Replacement for WD My Cloud:
Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask
I’m having this same problem. I don’t believe it’s an actual faulty drive. I went ahead and replaced both drives since I’ve had this mycloud mirror since around 2014, and… the day after replacing the drives, the red light for Drive 1 came on again.
I am, however, able to get it to clear after full scan (…takes 2 days…) and then rebooting. But, a day or so after, it will return. Rinse and repeating the scan and reboot shows no issues. I’m suspecting a problem with a recent update, but can’t confirm.
Any advice on how to solve would be much appreciated.