MyCloud Home stuck in reboot loop (every few minutes)

Hi,
I’ve been using a MyCloud Home for a few years, and suddenly it stopped working a few months ago. I’ve tried rebooting it, resetting it, and everything in between. All that happens is that when I plug it in, it boots up and then after about ~5 minutes, it reboots (light goes out and I can hear a sound when it does). In the meantime, it’s not even detected by the mobile app/ web page.

I don’t even see the white light pulsing or anything at all, just the normal white light. I’ve tried all the pinhole options (holding for a few seconds, holding for 30, holding for 60 seconds). I also finally detached the device from my account today, and that hasn’t helped either. Haven’t bothered trying to locate it manually, as it reboots every few minutes, so I don’t know how it would be functional anyway.

Tried everything I could think of and option I could find online in the last few months, and nothing has helped. Is it bricked?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: looking at some previous messages, after booting up, the light does go dim.

Hi @timewyrm,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Just curious if you were able to resolve this problem? The same thing is happening to me.

I ahve experienced the same problem. How can this be receovered?

Anyone with a solution other than contact WD Technical Support which was of now help and the unit is out of warranty

For me last time that happened it was an update, it took 2 days nonstop and after i regained the access (i had 1 tb of data in that moment)