MyCloud Gen2 custom apps mini repository

Hi, I noticed the Dropbox app stop working for a while (version 1.10), so I repacked the version 2.0 from WDMycloudMirror and it’s working again. Find it in my repo as usual.
For anyone wondering I do updates from time to time to the apps in my repo, just not posting here :smiley:

Salud.

Hey @hashashin, I have a MyCloud Mirror Gen1 device here and have read your thread carefully. I was wondering if it is somehow possible to install your mediawiki package on this device? When I try it, it gives me an error “Check your network connection”. I was however able to install the transmission package from foxes google rep for this device.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You’ve to repack it for the mycloud mirror and it should work then, all my apps are for mycloud gen2, which it’s the ones I’ve. I can do that for you later today.

Salud.

That would be awesome :slight_smile:

@4bgt https://mycloud.barracus.tk/mirrorgen1/WDMyCloudMirror_MediaWiki_1.23.15.bin

Salud.

1 Like

I tried to install it today, but actually got the same error. Just a little bit later. I am on Firmware 2.11.168. Do you have any idea of what one could try to get it running? Or an alternative way to run a wiki on this device.
All the best!

You may have a gen 1 Mirror; both gen1 and gen2 Mirrors use what is called v2 firmware, but they are different…

If you have a Mirror, the firmware you are trying to install will be incorrect. Even though the firmware is essentially identical, I think the installer has an identifier in it, and it will not match your Mirror.
The Mirror has two HDDs, and is therefore twice as wide as the basic MyCloud. It also has a pop-up lid. Does this sound like yours?

Yep this sounds exactly like it is my device.
I also checked the processor via ssh, so I know it is a gen 1 model.

To be clear I did not want to install a different firmware, I just wanted to add the mediawikipackage of @hashashin as an app. :slight_smile:

But that package is built for the gen2 (which is the topic of this thread). Which you don’t have.

So you can’t install it, I’m afraid…

But that package is built for the gen2 (which is the topic of this thread). Which you don’t have.
So you can’t install it, I’m afraid…

Yes and that is why I asked him if he knews a solution to make it compatible, because I read in another thread, that only the header of the .bin files are different. But I didn’t know how to change it. @hashashin then kindly repacked the package for me to make it compatible, which unfortunately does not seem to work. That is why I aksed if there is any alternative approach.

I don’t think that’s true.

The header identifies which member of the device family it is (Mirror, EX, etc). Re-packaging simply changes this identifier to another family member, thus allowing it to run on that family member.

I don’t think you can repackage a Gen2 package to work on a Gen1 device.

Although that does bring us to the question of whether the Gen1 Mirror uses ‘v2 firmware’ that is the same as the ‘v2 firmware’ on the Gen2 Mirror; i.e. is the firmware based on Debian Wheezy, or BusyBox? Since this is a Mirror-specific question (it is very clearly different on the Gen1 basic MyCloud), maybe the discussion would be better in the Mirror sub-forum (where you will find Mirror owners).

Then there’s the issue of processor family between the generations.

1 Like

The mirror gen1 latest firmware is 2.11.168. For the mirror gen2 it is 2.30.172. They have different
model cpu’s.

Yeah, I established that on the firmware discussion thread I linked to above.

Any ideas whether Gen1 Mirror is Debian Wheezy or BusyBox…?

I’m not sure. But I think that since it is using V2 firmware. It most likely is busybox.

Hey guys,

thank for everything cuz this works like :ok_hand:
There’s only one thing that really s*cks:

javascript:APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();

I need to insert this in to the console every time I want install a new app. Any solution to solve this one?
Thanks.

Hippy

same for me

also @hashashin i would ask if you are sure about the Arcus start/stop script: i’m un’able to restart it via webUI as explained HERE

Could you provide your define.js by any chance? It doesn’t seem to be on Fox’ space anymore and I can’t find it posted anywhere here.

The script should work, the package it’s just a repack from mycloudmirror if I can remember correctly. Reading the other thread seems like it has some problems now not related to the package itself but the Arcus services.

I put it in my server here.

Salud.

1 Like

Hello, how can i update php version i need that for wordpress 5.5!
thanks .